H A N D S / K I S S E S

F O X C O O P E R 

Sitting in the car with Lando, Fox smiled as he reached over and held her hand. He'd chosen to drive again; she didn't question why but she wasn't complaining. She looked pretty average today, wearing short blue denim jeans and a white tank top paired with her basic white trainers. She had noticed, on the other hand, that Lando had put on a Mclaren tee shirt with black shorts; Fox had even gone out of her way to look at his footwear, a pair of expensive trainers. 

"You have a thing for those trainers, don't you?" She asked him as she looked down at his footwear. 

Lando raised an eyebrow, his eyes looking down before returning to the road. "They also do bags, too," he told her with a slight smirk. 

"I don't think they will do the kinda bags I'm used to carrying around," she told him as she leaned back in the chair. 

"How about for your birthday I buy you one? Then you can see if you like it or not, maybe you'll grow to love it. It's nice to have something different than what you are used to." 

She thought about his words; maybe he was talking about more than just a different bag. She smiled as she thought about this trip and how it had made her think about new things. Being here with Lando, spending this time with him made her realise there was more out there than the bubble she lived in. Her lifestyle was okay for a good time, everything she did was fine for a short while, but looking forward, Fox knew it wouldn't last. She didn't want a reputation forever; she didn't want to be always known as the person she was; in fact, she didn't want that reputation at all. 

She tried to think of something else; she didn't want to talk about her reputation with Lando. 

"What do you want for your birthday then?" She asked him as she pulled her right knee up, tucking her leg under her other one. "If you could have anything, money was no object; you can have anything in the world."

Fox watched as Lando furrowed his brows at her words. She wondered what he was thinking; he looked like he was concentrating on the right words to say before he smiled to himself. "I want something money can't buy," he was cryptic with his answer before he laughed. "But if you really want to buy me something, there's a keyboard I have been trying to get hold of." 

"Okay, that's easy," Fox said as she looked down at their hands that were linked together. "So, what's the other thing?"

Lando smiled as he shook his head slightly. "It doesn't matter." He looked down at the sat nav before groaning, "Can you find a new route quick? I'm turning off before the traffic ahead." 

She let go of his hand as she started to adjust the sat-nav, hoping to find a way to get it to redirect them. Wrinkling her nose as she leaned forward, she noticed how he had a get out of jail free card there with his change of subject. Fox didn't want to press him, choosing to stay quiet on the previous matter before she confirmed the new route and sat back in her seat. 

"I hadn't thought about it until now," Fox sighed as she put her hands in her lap. "I haven't packed any clothes for the cold. I'm gonna be freezing when we get there."

He laughed at her as she looked at him with pursed lips. "I'm sure I can lend you a jacket." Fox felt his hand retake hers, his fingers threading through his as he gave her hand a little squeeze. "I can keep you warm." 

Fox smirked as she listened to his words. She couldn't help but smile at how he spoke those words. "I'd like that," she said in return. 

"I'm sure I can find you a spare blanket in the hotel," Lando joked as he looked at her with a glint in his eyes. "If it's really cold, I'll give you a pair of joggers."

"Oh, haha," she was sarcastic as she smiled. She hoped that he was only joking; she hoped that if it were truly cold, he would hold her close like he had last night. "I wouldn't want to leave you without your clothes."

Lando raised his eyebrows for a second, wiggling them before he glanced at the woman next to him. "You haven't complained any other night when I've been topless."

"That's because it was dark," Fox bantered back. "Can't complain if I can't see." She knew the right words to tease him. "Maybe you can show me in the light."

He burst out laughing, "Oh, Fox. May I remind you that when you saw me in the dark with no shirt, you blushed and hid under your blanket."

Suddenly Fox wanted to do that same thing right now; she turned her head away to look out the passenger window. "I just," she was quieter with her words now. "It was first thing in the morning. I didn't expect to see you like that."

Lando stroked his thumb over the back of her hand, catching her attention; she looked at him with a slight smile. "You are so cute when you are embarrassed." 

She looked down at her hands as she felt the heat in her cheeks. Fox nodded her head, so her hair fell forward, hiding her blushing cheeks as she spoke. "Are you calling me cute?" She felt a little braver as she spoke, hoping to get something out of him. 

"Something like that," he said. 

Fox closed her eyes for a moment. She didn't want to read too far into the situation. She didn't want to over analyse his words in her mind. For her, her mindset would be the hardest thing to change, but she needed to try. 

"I think you are more than just cute," Lando disclosed, making Fox turn her head sharply to look at him. She didn't expect him to say anymore, but now she didn't want him to stop talking. "I think you are absolutely beautiful."

She took a deep breath; for a second, she didn't know if she stopped breathing for a moment. 

"Can we stop for coffee?" Fox quickly tried to change the subject. She didn't know what to say in return, her mind and heart getting flustered at the thought of him finding her attractive and actually telling her that. 

Lando didn't reply; instead, he took his hand back before putting the indicator on and pulled off the road and down a street before parking up. He turned the engine off before turning in his chair to look at Fox. 

She looked at him with wide eyes as he reached for her hands, taking both in his. "Fox, you're amazing. You are unlike anyone I have ever met before. You are both fascinating and infuriating at the same time but I don't care. I want to know everything about you, I know there is so much more than you let the world see." 

She noticed the way he looked at her as he spoke. He had a look in his eyes that she'd only ever seen her father give Eve. His eyes looked away from hers, glancing down at her lips every few seconds, an action which Fox returned. 

Fox's eyes were wide as she listened to his words before Lando leaned closer to her, he placed a hand on the side of her neck, his fingers curling around the back and her thumb on her cheek. She leaned close to him, their eyes falling shut as their lips met. He smelt  hypnotic, like chocolate and woody musk, and every second she spent in his presence felt like he was being drawn further and further under his spell. 

She knew in that moment that she would be tied to him forever. The way he touched her, the way he kissed her only showed her that she was worth more than she thought. Lando made her feel on top of the world and it took nothing more than a kiss. She wanted him, she wanted him in her life when this was over. 

Tangling her fingers in his short hair, Fox pushed herself a little closer to him, one of her hands over his shoulder as she pulled him closer. Their kisses turned into something more than the innocent way it started. She needed him, she wanted him and that feeling was growing more and more inside of her, she just needed the confidence to take it to the next level.