L O N D O N / E N G L A N D

L A N D O N O R R I S

Lando had met Maximillion a few times but after meeting his daughter, he was surprised at her. Fox seemed more interested in her phone than anything else. He watched her for a moment as Maximillion gave his opening speech to the crowd of people. She stared down at her phone, her lips were pressed into a thin line and her eyes were narrowed as she appeared to type furiously on her mobile. 

 "And when we get to the hotel there will be a gathering and the second set of instructions on arrival," Maximillion spoke loudly. "Instructions will be handed out to the cars on departure. Thank you all for being here. And I'll see you all this evening."

Heading over to his vehicle, Lando looked up to see Fox was walking in his direction. 

She looked a little disappointed, gone was her confident walk and it was replaced by shuffling as she glanced up at him every now and again. Lando opened the passenger side door for her, he noticed she was surprised at his actions, stopping to look at him. "What are you doing?"

"Just opening the door for you," Lando smiled at her trying to make her feel comfortable with him. 

As he watched her, she glanced from him towards the car before she gave him a small nod. "Thanks," she mumbled before she got into the car. Lando noticed her awkwardness as she put her hands in her lap and waited for him to close the door. 

He closed the door gently before walking around and climbing into the driver's seat and looking at the young blonde. She didn't return his look, choosing not to speak, Lando turned to face the front then started the car. He figured the next seven days was going to be exceptionally long. 

F O X C O O P E R

As she stared out the window, she thought about everything that was going wrong for her recently. As the car passed through the streets of London, there were cheers from random people in the streets. Fox had always been in the public eye but sitting here with Lando and in this convoy of cars, she was almost a nobody. 

She watched the people who were excited to see all the expensive vehicles that passed through. Fox wondered what it was like for these people, seeing expensive cars in the street being a high light of their day. Seeing these kinds of cars and celebs was just another thing for Fox. 

When Lando turned the radio on, Fox wrinkled her nose at the choice before she shook her head slightly. Fox reached for her bag before pulling out her headphones, she popped them into her ears before turning her own music on via Bluetooth. 

Her mind wandered to other things. 

She wondered what Dean was doing right now. Did he mean the threats that he said? Typing out a message, she watched as it told her it was delivered before she sat and waited. She knew she had nothing else to do but wait. Being stuck in this car would prove difficult for her. 

The music was not enough to drown out the nagging thoughts in her mind. 

What was Dean doing? When she returned would he still feel the same? Checking her phone, she sighed to herself, he usually replied to her almost immediately, even when he was angry. Fox sent another text but this time it was to Alicia, followed by a third to Charmaine. She hoped one of her friends would be able to smooth things over for her whilst she headed out of the country. 

She attention was torn away from her phone by a flashing white light. When she looked up, she noticed photographers taking photos of various cars that passed by, including the one she was in. Fox chose not to smile as she stared at the camera, she realised how it looked to the outside world. She wasn't stupid, she had read headlines about herself, this was just another opportunity to write another false headline about her. Fox was one to go out and party, she was one to find herself in the company of many different men but this moment was different.

Looking back down at her phone, she didn't even turn the screen on as she tried to keep eye contact away from the flashing cameras. She didn't even notice that Lando had turned his head for a brief moment, watching how she reacted to the paparazzi that she should have been used to. 

Fox pulled the sleeves of her oversized cream-coloured cardigan over her hands as she tried to hide away from everyone for a moment. She wanted to make herself small, she didn't feel that way very often but when she did, she felt it deep within her body. Taking a deep breath, she pulled her arms around herself trying to comfort herself as she closed her eyes for a moment. 

She swore she heard a sound over her music, taking her right headphone out, she looked up at Lando, "Sorry?" She hoped she wasn't wrong, but she was sure she heard him speaking. 

"Are you okay?" He asked her, his eyes briefly looking into her dark brown ones. The colour was so dark, her the colour almost matched the black of her pupils, he turned his attention back to the road. 

Fox nodded as she spoke, "Yeah. Fine." 

Putting her headphone back into her ear, she let her blonde hair fall back over her ear before looking out of the passenger window. They had passed the masses of photographers and Fox felt a little better about herself without them watching her every move.