K N O W I N G / C R U S H I N G

L A N D O N O R R I S

When his alarm sounded from his phone in the morning, he was quick to open his eyes. The sound continued on as he used his free arm to reach for it. "Shut up," he mumbled to himself as he grabbed the phone and swiped the screen silencing the alarm. He looked at the woman who laid next to him. She was pushed up against his side, her arm wrapped around his waist as she lightly snored, her hair partly covering her face. 

He knew they didn't have long before they had to be back on the road. There was still breakfast to be had before they left the hotel. Lando moved slowly away from the young blonde who continued to sleep soundly. After her evening, he wondered if she was going to be okay. She had drunk an awful lot and stood outside in the cold for a long time. 

"Fox," he said in a hushed tone hoping to wake her gently. "Fox?"

Lando pulled his top off as she opened her eyes, they looked at each other for a moment as he stood topless in front of her. "Oh my God," Lando watched as she pulled the blanket over her eyes not before noticing her blush. "I'm so sorry."

"It's my fault," he laughed as he pulled a fresh top on. "I just wanted to get you up, I thought you might want to get some food before we left." 

"Can I look now?" Fox asked as Lando grabbed his bag and walked towards the bathroom. 

Lando chuckled again before he spoke, "I'm just going into the bathroom." He entered the bathroom, closing the door behind him to alert the young woman that she could finally look again. 

F O X C O O P E R

She slowly moved the blanket down and took a deep breath as she saw he'd gone. Fox had felt the blood rush to her cheeks when she saw him without a top, it had been a long time since she'd felt nervous around a guy. There was something about Lando that made her feel like a twelve-year-old with their first crush again. 

Quickly, Fox climbed out of the bed and got changed into some fresh clothes. She didn't know how much time she had before he would return but she didn't want him to catch her without her own clothes on. She put on some casual clothes, something different from what she normally wore. 

When Lando came back into the room, he looked surprised at her outfit. "You look..." he didn't know what to say to her and she knew it. 

"Thanks," she said with a smile on her face. "Nice to see you with some clothes on." She winked at him as she pulled out a pair of trainers from her bag. 

"Didn't think you owned a pair of trainers," Lando said to the young woman as she adjusted the laces to put her feet in. 

She looked up at him as she slipped her feet into them, "It seems there might be a lot you don't know about me." She looked back at her trainers as she tied the laces up. 

"Seems I have a lot of questions to ask you on the drive today then." 

Fox didn't look back up as she thought about what he had said. "I'll answer if you ask the right questions." Getting to her feet, she shoved all her other items in the bag before she picked it up. "Come on, Lando." She walked towards the door,  grabbing her handbag as she did. "I need a pick me up."

When she got to the dining area, Fox dumped her bags at a table before heading over to get herself some coffee. She didn't hang about, needing something to wake her up and set her up for the day. As she looked at the coffee she was making, she realised funnily that she was already wide awake. Turning her head, she looked at Lando who was sitting at the table she'd dumped her bags at. Her eyes looked down at his torso even though it was fully covered. She pictured his abs in her mind before she felt her cheeks redden. Her eyes looked up meeting his for a second before she turned away embarrassed that he'd seen her checking him out. 

Fox took her time as she poured the milk into the coffee she no longer wanted. She walked back towards the table, the hand that held the mug shook a little before she took her seat opposite Lando. For a moment, she didn't look up, she didn't want to make eye contact with him. 

"Fox, Lando." She looked up when she heard her dad's voice. "I hope you two are not too hungover."

She rolled her eyes at him before she looked back down, wrapping her hands around the white mug. "We're fine, dad," she said as she looked up at him through her eyelashes. 

"We will be on the road soon," Lando told him. 

Fox watched Lando as he interacted with her father. She didn't pay much attention to their conversation as she noticed how comfortable Lando was around her dad. She wished that Dean had been like that, but she knew that part of her life was over, for now, anyway.

She rifled through her handbag pulling her mobile out and turning it on when she heard someone clearing their throat. Looking up, both Lando and her dad were looking at her, waiting for her to answer. "Sorry?"

"See what I mean," her father said before he let out a small chuckle. "I said your heads always in the clouds."

Biting her bottom lip, Fox nodded awkwardly. She thought it would be easier to agree with him rather than start an argument about nothing. "Umm, yeah." She sipped her coffee before her father walked away leaving her and Lando alone. 

Looking down at her phone, she watched as it crazily started to vibrate alerting her to all her new notifications. Her eyes looked back up at Lando who had his eyes on her. She bit her lip before she glanced back down at her phone, her mind not allowing her to forget him looking down at her as she laid in bed this morning.