C O N F I D E N C E / R E A S O N

To say Fox was nervous around the press was an understatement

To say Fox was nervous around the press was an understatement. Her hand was clammy and shaky as she held on tightly to Lando's, she smiled now and again, acting like the perfect person around the press. She fought her way through a crowd of press, ignoring them as she finally broke through to her father on the other side. 

"Dad," she spoke quietly as she got closer to him. Maximillion turned from the cameras and looked at his young daughter, he was surprised to see her and Lando holding hands in front of the press, in front of the world but he decided to say nothing. "We're gonna go," she tried to keep her voice close to a whisper so the press wouldn't hear, but she knew they would hear everything anyway. 

Maximillion furrowed his brows, "Now?"

She nodded, behind her she could hear a commotion, she didn't turn to look, she knew the press loved to make a lot of noise, there were also many other celebrities around, so Fox didn't think too much of it. 

"Fox, you should..." He stopped talking as he looked behind the couple in front of him. Fox didn't look at where he was looking, but Lando did. 

She didn't dare think about what was behind her, but seeing the look on her father's face, the worry mixed with disappointment, Fox knew it wasn't good. Then the sound came, the voice of Dean who couldn't just leave it. "Fox Cooper," he announced my name loudly to get my attention. "Does Lando know he's just another name, another famous name in a long list of men you have had?"

Removing her hand from Lando's, Fox turned to look at the lad who had been in her life for a long time, the guy who she thought she was in love with. Looking at him with a sad look, Fox took a deep breath. She was disappointed that he had this little respect for her, the blonde should have known better, Dean had always been this way with her. "Everyone is so quick to assume things," Fox's voice was quiet as she said those words before her voice returned to normal, her confidence growing. "Every single one of you," she looked at the press behind Dean and then back to Dean. "You are all so quick to judge and assume." She shook her head before focusing on Dean again. "Tell whoever you want your version of the truth," she waved her hand as she smiled to herself. "We both know what happened between us, Dean." 

Beside her, she felt Lando brush her hand back against hers, she looked at him before they exchanged a smile. She felt at peace knowing that he was there for her, his fingers linking through hers pulling her close to his side. 

"She'll do to you what she's done to every other guy she's been with," Dean told Lando. "She's good at lying, good at getting men close before ripping that all away." 

The blonde didn't know what Lando would say, if he would even speak or defend her, he shouldn't have to, he didn't need to. "Everyone has a past," Lando shrugged his shoulders. "What matters now is the future. I'm sorry, that things have not worked out well between you two but you can't come here and take your anger out on people like this."