T R U S T / M E

F O X C O O P E R 

F O X C O O P E R 

When the young couple arrived at the hotel, Fox was not surprised to see most of the other cars had already arrived. She parked up next to another beautiful car before getting out and hearing someone shouting her name loudly. Turning on the spot as she closed the door, her eyes landed on the owner of the voice, her father. "Dad," she called out to him letting him know she was listening and paying attention. 

"Fox, we need to talk," Maximillion approached his daughter. 

She stared up at him as she nodded, "Okay. Um," she looked at Lando, "Can you grab my bag please?" Her brow was furrowed as she kept eye contact with Lando, she was worried about what her father could possibly have to say right now. 

Lando gave her a small nod, she smiled before she walked away with her father. "So, what's up?" She asked him as they walked towards the hotel's gardens. 

"You're late," he told her as he sat down at a table. Fox looked at him before glancing at the chair opposite him. Taking the seat, she laid her hands on the table and awaited her father to speak again. "I thought you would have been here ages ago."

Smiling at her father, she tilted her head a little as she told him her reasoning. "We stopped for food and shit," the small lie slipped from her mouth. She didn't want to tell her father too much, it was no one else's business. "I-, we've made a couple of pit stops." Fox studied his face, she would have thought by now she would have been able to read her dad's emotions but sitting opposite him now, she was struggling. "What did you want? I'm really tired, Dad."

"I wanted to check in on you," he told me with a deep look. "I want to make sure you are taking this seriously, Fox." He gave her a look that was unreadable. "I've barely seen you since we left." 

She nodded as she looked at her father. "I promise, I know what I'm doing." She referred to more than just the trip they were on. 

"You don't need anything? The room situation is okay, right? I can get you your own room," Fox had never seen her dad in such an attentive mood. She wondered if it was because she was the only one he could control right now. "And Lando, how's that working out for you?"

"Dad," she rested her chin on her hand as she put her elbow on the table. "Everything is fine, I promise. I thought you were all up for me having the real experience?" Fox watched her Father as she used his words against him. 

Maximillion ran his right hand through his short hair, Fox wondered what he was thinking now. She wondered why he was suddenly being the opposite of how he was before. "I just worry," he admitted to her. "You're my firstborn, I know we don't spend as much time together as I do with the others. Our relationship has been strained, I just hope that this week brings a change to that."

Fox gave him a wistful look, she wished that things had been different but she had been so busy getting caught up in her life that she hadn't stopped to think about everyone around her. "I'm sorry," she mumbled as she raked both hands through her knotted hair. "I'm not feeling great," she told him as she pushed out and got up from the table. 

Her father pushed an envelope across the table. "Your next set of instructions," he sighed. "I know you think I don't care, but I really do, Fox. I care more than you'll ever realise. I just want you to be safe, to think about the consequences of your actions. Whatever happens, wherever you are, if you need me, I'll be there. You know that, right?" 

Taking the sealed envelope from the table, Fox held it close to her as she looked down at her dad. "Thanks," she just couldn't bring herself to swallow her pride and admit that she'd been thinking about things. She didn't want to admit that she knew he was there, for the most part, Fox loved the independence that came with her life. "I might see you tonight," she turned around walking away towards the lobby. She heard him call out a goodbye behind her but she didn't turn back or acknowledge it. Her hand clutched the white envelope tightly as she walked quickly hoping to get to her room quickly. 

The man on the reception desk told her where she would be staying for the night, she took the lift and made it to the second floor before she found the room at the end. When she got to the door, she knocked after not receiving a key from the guy downstairs. "Lando," she called out after a few seconds. 

When the door was opened, she was quick to enter closing the door behind her. "Are you okay?" Lando asked her as she walked past him. "Fox?"

She put the envelope on the side table by the double bed closest to the window before she turned and looked at Lando. "I'm alright," she told him as she stepped towards him. Her movements were very forward as she placed her lips against his. She wasted little time as she backed him up against the wall, their kisses becoming passionate and sloppy. 

Pulling away from him, Fox hung her head as she stepped back, "Sorry." She realised that this was her thing, using her anger and disappointment in herself in either sexual experiences or drugs. "I'm just," she shook her head as she took a deep breath. "I dunno."

"Hey," he reached forward taking the young woman's hands which made her look up at him through her eyelashes. "I have an idea," she noticed how soft his voice sounded as he kept her attention. "Let's just take this slow, okay?" She let him lead her to the bathroom, her hands shook as she held his. She was nervous, he was gentle in his approach as he moved his hands up her arms. 

"What are you doing?" Fox asked him as he leaned over and pressed the button on the wall starting the shower. "Are you saying I smell?" She tried to laugh as she looked at him but she knew the noise sounded strange. She wanted to slap herself in the face for sounding so stupid. 

Lando moved his hands up and rubbed her shoulders. "Just, trust me, yeah?"