Books

Hey guys a (probably) short fluffy one for you guys because I read a fanfic last night and it actually broke me, like I cried so much that my voice deepened. On another note, thank you guys so much for 930 reads already. It's crazy, I didn't think that this book would ever get this many reads so thank you so much. 

John's POV
I woke up in the middle of the night for no particular reason, I just seemed to wake up. Attempting to go back to sleep seemed pointless considering I wasn't even tired but I decided to try anyway. 

That's when I heard it, Sherlock talking aloud downstairs but... in different voices? I strained my ears trying to hear what he was saying and I eventually recognised it as Lord Of The Rings, a book I had recommended to him not long ago. It wasn't uncommon for me to recommend books to Sherlock but I didn't think that he actually ever listened to what I said. At all. Ever. Not just regarding this. 

I went downstairs and saw Sherlock lying on his back on the sofa, reading aloud from the book. He instantly realised that I was there and sat up to look at me. 

"Sorry, did I wake you?" He asked. 

I shook my head. "No, just couldn't sleep I guess. Are you reading Lord Of The Rings?"

"Yes, you recommended it and I was bored and you took away my gun so I decided to read it. I've also read all of the other ones that you recommended and, actually, they weren't mind numbingly boring."

I chuckled at his response. "I didn't think you ever actually listened to anything I said"

He frowned. "I always listen to everything you say, even if I don't talk about it"

"Really?" 

Sherlock rolled his eyes and nodded. One thing he hated more than anything was having to repeat himself. 

We spoke for a little while longer before I decided to go back upstairs to try and sleep but this time I left my door open slightly so that I could hear Sherlock reading. It was soothing. 

From then on, whenever I couldn't sleep, I would open my door to listen to Sherlock's reading which almost always sent me back to sleep because it was so nice. 

Sometimes, if my nightmares got to the point where Sherlock would hear me yelling out in my sleep, then he would come and comfort me and read to me. I was eternally grateful for him. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Hey yall, sorry it was so short. I'm gonna update tomorrow and it's gonna be sad but I might write two endings, a happy one and a sad one so yeah. Hope you enjoyed x