Hallucinations (Version Two)

Hey plant, how are yall. This chapter has nothing to do with the chapter from the other day, but it has the same name because it's kinda similar? Idk, it's hard to explain. Anyway, on with the story, this is from a prompt, I'm not sure where from, I just saw it on Insta a few months ago. 

John's POV
Mary and I broke up, so I decided to move back into 221B Baker Street. It hurt, living there without Sherlock, there were just so many memories, but also, there was nowhere else that I'd rather be living.

Mrs Hudson was happy that I had moved back, she said she had been lonely since I had moved out. I was happy to be back too, even if it did hurt.

After about 3 weeks of living there, I was woken up at 2am by a loud banging downstairs. Mrs Hudson had left to go visit her sister for a couple of weeks, so it couldn't have been her. I jumped out of my bed, grabbed my gun, and went downstairs as quietly as I could. When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I went into the living room. 

I pushed the door open, and there, low and behold, was Sherlock. He was just standing in the middle of the room, looking at me. I shook my head and turned around, heading back upstairs. 

"John?" He called out behind me. I ignored him, I knew it wasn't real. He was dead, he wasn't here. This wasn't the first time I had hallucinated him though, it had happened a few times. In fact, that's why Mary and I broke up - she said that I was in love with him. Maybe I was. 

I went back to bed, hoping that everything would be normal in the morning. 

When I woke up, I went back downstairs, and Sherlock was there, sprawled out on the sofa, asleep. Well, time to see how long that this would last. 

I went and made tea for myself, just continuing with my day as normal. After a while, "Sherlock" woke up. He tried to speak to me but I didn't answer. It would just make me seem crazy. Who knows, maybe I was crazy.

The next day, "he" was still there. I was supposed to go to work today, but I decided to call in sick. I couldn't be a doctor while having hallucinations about my dead best friend who I had secretly been in love with since I shot an old man to save his life. 

I wished that the hallucination would just go away, but for some reason, it just wouldn't end. By the fourth day, I was going crazy. Having to see him everyday was slowly killing me, even if it wasn't really him. 

Mrs Hudson came home about a week later. I hadn't been anywhere at all, I had spent most of the time in my room. "Sherlock" kept me company in there,and he always tried to talk to me, but I just tuned him out. 

I was crazy. There was no other possible solution. 

He was dead, but I could see him. I knew that I was crazy. 

When Mrs Hudson got home, I went downstairs to welcome her back. "Sherlock" followed me. It happened quite often, the few times I had left my room, he had followed me unless I was going to the bathroom. 

I went downstairs, "Sherlock" behind me. I hugged Mrs Hudson and welcomed her back, giving her my best fake smile. She turned around and looked in the direction of "Sherlock" before giving out an ungodly screech and her hands flew up to her face. She threw her arms around him in a hug, and then she pulled back and slapped him. 

The entire time that this went on, I was just thoroughly confused. She could see him too? 

I could hear her yelling at Sherlock for what he did, but it sounded distant, and far away. It was blocked out by all of the thoughts that were going through my head.

"John?" Sherlock's voice cut through the fog of my brain. I looked towards him and he waved at me awkwardly. 

"Yeah?" 

"You okay?" I bit my lip, still not believing that he was actually here. 

I turned to look at Mrs Hudson. "You can see him too?" I asked her. She just nodded in reply. 

I shook my head and went upstairs. Sherlock followed me.

I heard Sherlock close the door to the living room once we were both inside.

"You're alive?" I asked.

"Evidently" He replied. Tears welled in my eyes, and they slowly began to slide down my cheeks. He looked alarmed at this

"Why are you crying?"

"Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you were dead for two years and then when you returned, I thought you were a hallucination" I replied. 

He hung his head. "I'm sorry." He whispered.

"Me too." At that point, we were both crying and we both needed a hug, so I walke dover to him and put my arms around his neck. 

"I missed you" I whispered. I felt his arms go around my waist. "I missed you too."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Hey plant, I have been doing writing sprints with one of my best friends so that's why I've been writing so much. It's kinda short (sorry about that) and it's kinda bad (sorry about that too) but yeah. Hope you enjoyed :)