Betrayal

Hey guys, it's been a really long time, but I'm finally writing again. I've been so busy. I've been to Chichester, London, Ribchester, Hereford, and to a festival, and I've played a few cricket matches, so I'm pretty exhausted in general. I have another 10 (?) days of holidays so I might be able to write some more at some point, though my nan is moving house so I will have to help with that, so I don't know yet. On another note, thank you guys so so so so much for 22k reads. I literally cannot believe it???? I've only been writing this book for 10 months???? So thank you guys for all of the support that you've been giving me. About the actual story, I briefly mention murders but not I detail so I don't think that there are any TW's. If there are, point them out to me and I will put a warning.

John's POV
"That's the last one" I murmured into the phone.

"Very good" Came the voice from the other end of the line. There was a click, and I knew that he had already hung up. I looked back down at what I had done and grinned slightly.

I turned around and left the building. That had been the last one, which was a brilliant thing. As much as I hated it, I was excited. All of the newspapers were talking about how my murders had drawn Sherlock back to London. He hadn't figured out it was us, well mainly me, who had murdered those 5 people and carved words into their backs.

Spending all those years with Sherlock had taught me how to murder people well.

I wasn't happy about murdering those people, of course I wasn't. But I didn't have a choice. All of this was done under coercion.

It was this or be murdered myself, knowing I would never see the man I loved again.

I pondered all the way on my walk back to 221B Baker Street, it was far too late to get a cab, and my hands were covered in blood anyway. I thought about when Sherlock would figure it out. According to all of the papers, it was the 4th murder that brought him back to London, so he had been here for 2 weeks. Either he thought that the case was too simple for him, or I was a better murderer than I thought, and he hadn't figured it out yet.

I shivered involuntarily at the last thought.

Mrs Hudson, thankfully, was asleep when I got home. It would've been very difficult to explain why I had come home at 4am, covered in blood.

When I got up to my, or our, flat, I had a shower and hid my clothes. I didn't want Mrs Hudson to wash them, but I didn't currently have the energy to do it myself.

Once I was out of the shower, I checked my phone for messages. There was one unread message.

"He hasn't figured it out yet. If he hasn't figured it out in 2 days, we will seek him out and tell him what you did. If he does figure it out, I'm leaving it up to you to explain. Understand? - JM"

I sighed. He said it like I had wanted to kill all of those innocent people. Moriarty, who had announced himself as alive a few months ago, had forced me to. The only reason I agreed was because he told me that Sherlock was still alive, and this was probably the only way to get him back to London.

To lure him back with some good murders that Scotland Yard themselves couldn't figure out.

"I understand - JW" I replied.

Sherlock's POV
I had returned to London to figure out these murders. Mycroft promised me that he would send some of him own men to dismantle the rest of Moriarty's web. I was, however, instructed not to go near John until I had found the murderer because it was obvious that they were just trying to get my attention and I refused to put him in danger again.

I hadn't even been interested in this case for the first 3 murders because they seemed to be rather ordinary murders, just with the words "I" "LOVE" "YOU" carved in their backs. Nothing worth putting myself in danger for. Until the 4th murder.