7- a Trip to Diagon Alley

Your POV:

As you and Ron began walking through the crowded alley, you didn't let go of his hand. Being around so many people made it easy for you to get distracted.

There were many shops that fit your interests. Your brain started clouding with ideas of what to get each of your friends as you walked passed each store.

You and Ron were headed to Olivanders, which was the designated spot that you all would meet up outside of upon your arrival.

As you passed one of your favorite clothing stores, you saw a cute dark blue top on a mannequin in the window.

Ginny would look so gorgeous in that, you thought.

Then, you spotted someone familiar out of the corner of your eye. He was leaning against a wall, talking to a small group of people your age.

It was Cormac. Cormac McLaggen.

Cormac was somewhat full of himself. He tended to think he could get any girl he that pleased. You ran into this unpleasant ego of his a few times that year already. He had hit on you multiple times at different events. Quidditch matches, balls, fancy dinners, you name it, Cormac was there to flirt with whoever he wanted to.

Ron knew very well that Cormac had a way of getting in between people's relationships, so he did his best to keep you away from him when that was possible.

As you walked towards your destination, you tried to pass by Cormac unnoticed so that you wouldn't have to waste your time dealing with him. But unfortunately for you, and Ron, his eyes locked onto you.

"Ah, look who it is," he said, crossing his arms. "Miss l/n. I see Weasley thinks he's got a shot!" He roared, his acquaintances laughing at this unnecessary statement.

"What do you want McLaggen?" You asked, trying to make the conversation short.

"Oh nothing... it's just, odd, seeing you here with Weasley. You couldn't have picked someone better?" He asked, slowly stepping forward.

You rolled your eyes.

Cormac said things like this all the time, so although it was completely impolite, it wasn't out of the ordinary.

"You know..." he began, his eyes now studying your body disrespectfully.

Ron didn't like what Cormac was doing. He couldn't stand still. You could tell he wanted to hurt McLaggen for looking at you like that. But Ron was above that.

"...you could get anyone you want. Maybe even me, Cormac added, now standing a little too close to you.

Ron pulled you into him, away from Cormac, who was clearly testing his limits.

"That is, if you get lucky" Cormac finished, winking at you.

"I don't want anything to do with you McLaggen," you firmly stated. "Come on Ron, let's go," you added tugging on the ginger's hand as you led him away from Cormac and his friends.

"Don't look at her like that ever again. Don't look at her at all. You will never get the chance to be with someone like her." Ron hissed at him, hoping you wouldn't hear.

But you did hear. Just like you had heard him tell Fred to stop calling you "love" at breakfast the other day. Ron was extremely defensive when it came to you. But you liked it, it made you feel protected.

As you and Ron continued walking, he said "Cormac was banging out of order love."

"I know, but when is he not?" You replied, feeling a bit annoyed.