9- Nighttime Adventures

Your POV:

All of a sudden, Ron's eyes shot to the side as you both realized that you were in the middle of his living room and that his family was all around you. It wasn't a good time to make the move. You wanted it to be special when it did happen. And now, with his parents, siblings, Harry and Hermione right there, it just wasn't the time. You and Ron both knew that.

He focused his attention back on you, giving you a slight smile. Then walked over to the couch with you in his arms and gently set you down. He then sat down beside you so he could talk to you without his entire family listening in.

"Um, so maybe, do you want to stay up tonight and hang out or something? I feel like we haven't gotten to spend as much time together on this break as I would've liked." He told you.

Oh how badly you wanted to say yes. But you had told the man at Diagon Alley that you would come and buy the broom that night. If you did not, someone else might snatch it with a higher offer. You were determined to get it for Ron.

"Oh, um, I'm actually quite tired. Maybe tomorrow night?" You asked him, not wanting to miss your chance.

"Oh, I mean, yeah sure if you want to-"

All of a sudden, a pillow came crashing into the back of Ron's head mid sentence.

"Oi mate! Are you gonna stop flirting with her and help us with the decorations?" Fred asked.

Ron whipped his head around to face him. "Bloody hell Fred are you trying to give me a concussion!?"

He got up and started chasing his big brother around the small combined living room and kitchen area.

You stood up, laughing as you watched the two boys running after each other as fast as they could while trying not to knock anything over.

Oh how you loved the chaos of the Weasley family.

As the night went on, you lot finished decorating the tree and the rest of the living area. Molly had baked some delicious Christmas cookies that were now cooling on the counter.

George tapped you on the shoulder. You turned around and looked up at him. He put his finger to his lips, signaling for you to shh. Then he crouched down and crept forward towards the platter of cookies that Molly had told everyone not to touch yet.

Once he reached the counter, he slowly extended his arm and grabbed a handful of the cookies. Then he crawled back over to you, making an effort not to be seen, and handed you one of the cookies.

"Here you go darling, I stole it just for you," he said with a smile as he shoved one of the cookies into his own mouth.

You giggled and took a bite of yours while a tired out Ron flopped down onto the couch in front of you.

"Hey mate, where did you get the cookies?" Ron asked, practically drooling for one.

George, being the generous brother he was, tossed Ron one of the cookies that he had snagged off the plate.

"Thanks Georgie," Ron said, shoving the cookie into his mouth with no hesitation.

The soft sugar cookies basically melted in your mouth. They were absolutely delicious.

Molly has some mad baking skills, you thought to yourself as you took another bite.

———

After everyone had decided to get ready for bed, you went upstairs to Ginny's room and got into your pjs.

"I thought you and Ron were going to kiss," Ginny said through the dead silence as she folded a t-shirt and put it away in her dresser.