8- It's Finally Christmas Time

Your POV:

As you and Ron stepped out of the fireplace, you noticed that the kitchen was almost empty. No one to be seen. Except Mrs. Weasley, that is. She was making some sort of lunch for you lot.

"Hello Mrs. Weasley!" You said, greeting her upon your return to The Burrow.

"Hello dear! You two can go put your bags away then come back down if you'd like. I think it's time to decorate the Christmas tree!" She exclaimed.

"Oh that sounds great mum!" Ron shouted excitedly.

Ron loved Christmas. He loved the entire season of it. He loved being able to cuddle up in a jumper and sit by the fire. He loved drinking hot cocoa, specifically, Ginny's secret recipe. He loved decorating the house for the holiday season. And most of all, he loved spending time with his family and friends. He valued his relationships above everything. Maybe that's why he was so protective.

You walked up the crooked stairs and stepped off at the landing that led to Ginny's room. Her door was closed.

That's weird, you thought.

You knocked on the dark wood door.

"Just a minute," Hermione called from behind it.

As you stood outside the door, leading against it, two red headed boys came barreling down the staircase right onto your landing.

"Miss l/n, we wanted to ask you a few questions," George said, crossing his arms with a smirk on his face.

"Do you think you would be interested in buying any mistletoe?" Fred added, raising his eyebrows.

"Mistletoe? And why might I need mistletoe?" You asked, giggling.

"Well, we just thought since you've been trying to solidify this..." George paused, exchanging glances with Fred, as if he were trying to think of a word to describe you and Ron's relationship.

"...thing, you have got going on with our brother." Fred finished for him.

Thing, really? That's the best he could think of?

"I appreciate the thought boys but I think I've got it under control," you replied, smiling.

"Well we just wanted to make sure you confessed your undying love for each other before Christmas." George said casually.

"And why would I need to do that?" You asked, confused, adjusting the bags that were weighing down your shoulder.

They exchanged glances once again. It was like they could read each other's minds!

"Remember when we tried to tell you about our secret plan the day you got here?" Fred began.

"But you didn't want to hear it," George finished.

"Well, okay, what is it then?" You asked, interested to see what it had to do with you and Ron.

"So basically, you remember how we said there would be a firework show right? Well, we've already bought ones for-"

All of a sudden, you tripped backwards and stumbled to the floor, your bags sliding across the ground. Hermione had opened the door, and it was no longer bracing your weight.

"Oops sorry!" Hermione apologetically said, as she helped you back into your feet.

"It's fine," you told her, scrambling to collect the bags of gifts that you didn't want any of your friends to see.