Chapter 6: The Secret

Hope you like the story so far! I started italicizing inner thoughts. It was helpful for my writing, and I think it'll be better while reading too!

I wanted to watch the remaining battles, even after my encounter with Shota.

After all, I didn't want to neglect them simply because of my own personal disagreements.

They deserved more than that.

I stood on top of a near by building and surveyed the scenes. All of their quirks were so original and powerful.

Shoto Todoroki is a gem. His technique was brilliant. During the battle, I finally realized who he is. Endeavor's son. Poor kid.

There's no one I hate more than Endeavor— even after all this time. One of the few grudges that doesn't seem to fade.

Anyway, enough lamenting.

Endeavor's son, an ice and fire user. I'm sure Endeavor must be proud.

I haven't seen Todoroki use his fire yet, but if it's anything like his ice usage, his classmates are in trouble.

As the students were dismissed, I noticed All Might had disappeared.

I was hoping to talk to him about Eraser Head... and the students, of course.

Where the hell did he go? Why'd he take off so quickly?

Annoyed, I decide to go check in on Midoriya. With any luck, All Might will be there too.

As I approached Recovery Girl's office, I heard her yelled at who I assumed was Midoriya.

I couldn't help but laugh at the memories it brought back of her yelling at me too.

"All Might, you shouldn't let him be reckless just because he's inherited One for All! The third time he's been here, and his injuries are even worse this time!"

"Keep your voice down, Recovery Girl. No one can know about the quirk... As for Young Midoriya, he's fine. His ego might be bruised more than his arm" All Might laughed.

"Heyyyy!" Midoriya cried.

One for All? Inheriting a quirk? What are they talking about? I barged into the office and was shocked by the sight.

"All Might?? Is that you..." His form was unrecognizable. Smaller than normal and fragile looking.

I was stunned. How could this be the same man?

"y/n!!! what are you doing here!?" Midoriya shrieked.

"y/n..." All Might sighed

Recovery Girl quickly interjected, "Midoriya, you're free to go. As for me, I'll take my absence as well. Good to see you, y/n."

As she left I looked at All Might, "Toshinori, what's going on? I heard you all talking from outside... Are you ok?" I looked at him concerned.

I hope he's not ill. He's the only person I've really connected with here. Plus, he's vital for the city. Our #1 hero.

"Midoriya, why don't you head back to class. y/n and I need to talk." With that, Midoriya left silently. He looked racked with guilt.

"Toshinori..." I looked at him. Eyes full of empathy.

"y/n, I didn't want you to find out this way. I wasn't really ready for you to find out at all, but when we met, I knew I would end up confiding in you. I knew you would be someone I could entrust these students and this city too until Midoriya was ready."