Chapter 49: Compound 2

My body froze as I found where all the commotion was coming from.

What is this... Heroes are here?

I could barely even breathe as I saw Shota lying unconscious on the ground. Chisaki was fighting Midoriya.

Sir Nighteye, a hero I had never met but still recognized, had been impaled by one of the giant spikes in the ground.

And not a League member in sight.

Did they set me up? What the hell were we doing here? Why did Keigo and Shigaraki plan for today?

I was replaying all of the memories and conversations with them to see if I could piece it together, but I couldn't.

I was clueless.

I heard a loud cry from down the hallway, and then a soft voice mumbling. It sounded like a child.

Whatever was going on here wasn't my problem. I came from the kid, and it looked like she needed rescuing now more than ever.

I took off to try and follow the voice, and soon came across a small trail of blood.

I saw the girl in the distance along with someone kneeling helplessly across the floor next to her.

I sprinted over and the girl looked at me with wide, terror-filled eyes.

"Hey, hey," I said softly as I crouched down. "I'm not going to hurt you."

She flinched when I brushed her hair back gently, "Can you tell me your name?"

She was hesitant as she looked between me and the blond boy on the ground. I hadn't paid much attention to him before, but now that I was here I looked at him.

He was from UA. One of the top third years. Shit. Would he recognize me?

"Run, Eri. You have to get out of here," he mumbled in a dazed confusion.

I sighed as my instincts took over. My hero instincts. It was really annoying how I was equally a villain and a hero.

It felt like my body just reacted on its own depending on the situation I was in. I really didn't know how to choose a side. They both felt like me.

I picked up the UA student and sat him down against the wall. His eyes were barely open as he held his bleeding side.

His costume was ripped and a mess, tears escaping his eyes.

"W-who are you?" he stuttered out.

"Mirio?" I finally remembered his name. "What happened here?"

"Can you save him, miss?" the girl looked at me.

I just nodded my head as I looked at her.

"Mirio, this is going to hurt ok?" I had never tried it before, but logically speaking, it should work...

If I could manipulate blood, then I should be able to use that to close up his wound right?

If not, I would just sacrifice my own escape and get him to a real doctor.

I took a deep breath as I pressed my hand over the large gash, focusing all my energy on the blood around his open wound rather than on all the blood in his body.

He let out a sharp yell as I watched the blood from both sides of the hole start to move towards one another, hardening over once they connected.

It hurt like a bitch for me too, and I was out of breath by the time it was finished.