Chapter 40: Parents Love Me

"You ready?" Toshinori asked.

"I guess... I'm a little nervous." I looked over at him and Shota, "I hope they like me!"

They both laughed softly, and I let out a soft squeal of excitement as they knocked.

"Oh, Mr. Aizawa, All Might, Amaterasu! Please, come in!"

"Katsuki!! Get down here!" She turned back to us, "Please, take a seat."

I bowed my head, "Thank you, Mrs. Bakugo. Mr. Bakugo."

We all took a seat across from the Bakugo's as Katsuki shuffled down the stairs.

"Hey, killer!" I called out as he came into view.

"Oi, shut up you washed-up nobody," he muttered.

"Katsuki! Don't talk to her like that!!" Mrs. Bakugo yelled while smacking his head.

"We're sorry about him," Mr. Bakugo rubbed his neck sheepishly.

Oh my gosh, he's just like his mom!!

"No, no. That's quite alright," I reassured.

"Well, we're here today to talk about a new policy at UA," Toshinori started.

"Yes, we're asking the parents to allow their children to move into dorms at UA." Shota interjected. "It'll help keep them safe, and we'll be able to train them until they become the heroes they're striving to be."

"That's right. We want to assure you, your child will be safest on campus," All Might added.

I looked between Katsuki and his parents, feeling an overwhelming amount of guilt for not being able to rescue him sooner.

"What the hells wrong with you," Katsuki muttered, digging his eyes into mine.

I sighed and offered a small smile, "It's no secret that your son is my favorite student."

Toshinori started coughing on a small sip of water he had just taken, shocked to hear me admit that to Katsuki and his parents.

I laughed softly, "See." I bit my lip, "Mr. and Mrs. Bakugo, your son is so talented, and he will make an amazing hero someday."

"I am so sorry I could not keep him safe. I give you my word, though, that I will do everything I can do make that up to him. I hope you will forgive me for my mistakes, and allow him to continue at UA in the dorms."

"You kidding!?" Mrs. Bakugo yelled. "Hell yea! Get this kid in the dorms already!"

A wave of relief washed over me with her words of reassurance.

She smacked Katsuki across the back of the head, "If you hadn't been so damn weak, you wouldn't have gotten caught in the first place!!"

"Oh, please, you two... No fighting," Mr. Bakugo tried interjecting. "Don't scare away the teachers."

I was laughing at the scene in front of us as Katsuki continued to bicker with his mom.

Wow, the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree...

••••

**Shota's POV**

"So, you give us your consent?" I asked Mrs. Bakugo for clarification.

"Hey Katsuki!" Y/n interrupted. "Let's go outside. Let the adults talk."

She got up to leave but Katsuki just sat there with his arms crossed.

"Tch, yea right you old hag."

"You'd really rather stay here then do some quick quirk training?"