Chapter 37: Returned

I woke up on the cold, hard ground outside of some large building.

My hands, feet, and waist were still locked into quirk-concealing devices with my mouth covered by another thick piece of tape.

Only this time, I felt different. There was pain all over my body, and I could feel warm liquid running down my face. I was completely disoriented.

I was wearing an oversized shirt and a small pair of shorts.

They took my hero costume and changed me!? I swear if they did anything else...

Tears began to freely flow as I woke up more every second.

Geez, they just beat my ass before dumping me out here... what the hell.

Katsuki!! What did they do with him?!

I began to thrash myself around, looking for any hint of where I was. I hoped to see Katsuki lying next to me, but I was alone.

As I got myself to turn over, I noticed I was just on the side of UA. In the distance, I heard the chitchat of familiar voices as they entered through the main doors.

I tried screaming, but all that came out were muffles.

It was night so I had no idea when someone would find me. I was hurting all over and it was so cold...

I'm so useless. Pathetic.

The tears came rushing down my face as I had to accept the situation I had found myself in.

I failed.

Suddenly, I heard someone land near me. I tried to look at who was there, but they were behind me.

"Y/n?!" the voice yelled as I heard the rushing of foot steps.

It was Keigo. He got on the ground and grabbed me.

"Holy shit!! Y/n! It's ok, you're safe now."

I looked at him frantically as he removed the tape over my mouth.

I grasped for air as he held me close, "Keigo." It was all I could manage to get out in between the sobs.

"I've got you chickadee. You're safe," he said softly as he picked me up, awkwardly trying to navigate the restraints.

He carried me through the halls of UA until we got to the nurses office. He laid me down gently on a bed.

"I'll be right back," he stroked my hair softly. "Let me go get help. We'll get you out of this as soon as we can."

I nodded helplessly and watched him take off.

I heared the rush of feet in the hallway outside, a group of people were running back to me.

Shota burst through the door first, "Y/n!!!" He ran over and carefully put his arms around me. "I can't believe you're back. I love you so much. I'm so sorry."

Toshinori, Recovery Girl, and Keigo followed right behind him.

"Oi, let go of her. Let me get her free of these," Recovery Girl demanded.