Chapter 38: Rescue

"We are here to apologize," Shota started while me, him, Vlad King, and Nezu began the press conference. "A recent incident allowed harm to come to 27 first year heroes."

"We take full responsibility for any trauma caused..." I zoned out as Shota finished his statement.

The first reporter asked his question, "There have been 4 villain encounters this year, how can you explain this? What are you doing to ensure their safety?"

I rolled my eyes... We know how to count asshole, thanks. I continued to ignore the conversation in front of me.

"Eraser Head," another reporter began and my eyes shot up.

Don't come after Shota. He's the best one here...

"You encouraged the students to fight during the attack on the training camp, putting them in danger. What was your reasoning for this?"

I looked over at him as he answered.

"I concluded that because we didn't know the full situation, allowing them to use their quirks would help avoid the worst possible outcome."

"What outcome? 26 victims and 1 kidnapped child, is that a win for UA?"

"Things could've gone much more poorly. I feared every student would be tortured and killed in the end," Shota responded.

I let out a sigh as Nezu took over from there. Geez, they're really turning against us here.

I had zoned out again when a reporter called my name. "Amaterasu... Can you say the same thing for Katsuki Bakugo? Does he still have a bright future,"

I looked at him blankly, "His future will be one of the brightest."

"How so? The violence he displayed in the finals and his attitude at the award ceremony both showed he cannot control his temper."

Shota slid his hand to my leg, noticing I was fuming from the way this reporter was talking about Katsuki. My Katsuki.

"Is this the reason the villains chose to kidnap him? To brainwash him? What if they pull him towards the path of evil? How can you sit there and tell us he still has a future?!"

Shota stood up and bowed, "As Katsuki Bakugo's teacher, I take full responsibility for not taming his violent behavior. However, his actions are born of deep-seated convictions..."

"He's trying harder than anyone in his pursuit to become the top hero. If the villains think they have a chance with him, then they are grossly mistaken."

The reporter didn't let up, even with that perfect response. Wow, Shota. I know this is bad timing but you're so damn sexy...

"Amaterasu? Any comment? You went after him and were unable to save him. Is that because of your own incompetence or did Bakugo want to stay?"

I rolled my eyes, "Look jackass, I'm not going to be nearly as polite to you as Eraser Head was because quite frankly you don't deserve it."

"However, regarding Katsuki, his anger is just misplaced passion and care. He has a true love of heroism and protecting others, perhaps more than anyone I've ever met."

"He's one of the most promising young heroes at UA."

"The villains who took him couldn't have chosen a worse student to kidnap," I laughed softly. "They're even stupider than you. He will never turn his back on being a hero."

"I know I failed by not being able to rescue him, and I will never forgive myself," I stood up and threw my hands on the desk, "But Katsuki, if you're listening right now..."