Chapter 26: Hero Names

I burst through the doors of class 1A, "Good morning my favorite little heroes!"

The class greeted me with cheerful enthusiasm.

It was Monday morning, but I was so excited for the week ahead. Today, my students would be choosing hero names and then leaving to their first internships!

Aw, my little guys were all grown up!

I waltzed to the front of the classroom, and looked at Shota who was clearly irritated with my outburst, "So, Shota... Have you told them the good news?!"

"Well, I was about to until—"

I cut him off, "Great!!" I turned my attention back towards the class.

"We have very serious business to attend to!" I commanded. The class stopped their chatter and looked at me with anticipation.

"I know you're all leaving for your internships this afternoon. However, before you go..." I paused, enjoying how they were hanging onto every word. "You need to choose your hero name!"

The class erupted with excitement, cheering, and yelling. Of course we're all heroes to help and save people, but the cool name and cool costume was still just a ton of fun.

I looked at their joyful faces, remembering how much fun it was to be a young hero. I sighed happily.

Shota looked at me annoyed. "Fun weekend?" He said in a low voice, referring to my clothes.

I was wearing a light-weight, cropped turtleneck that hugged my body nicely.

Yea, so what, Keigo and I got a little carried away this weekend, and he may have left some marks on my neck. At least I had the decency to hide it from the students.

I smirked, "You jealous?"

His cheeks heated up and he quickly looked away, staring at the ground. Oops, guess he actually is.

I smiled to myself and returned my gaze to the students who were still chatting loudly, "Alright, alright. Let's get down to business!"

"Be careful what you choose today! It'll probably end up sticking with you for the rest of your lives."

"That being said," I continued. "I'll have final approval for all names to make sure you don't get stuck with something awful and embarrassing."

I passed out the materials and told the students to start brainstorming.

"Take some time to think about it, and you'll present your ideas to the class!"

"I'm going to sleep," Shota mumbled as he crawled into his sleeping bag.

"But you're missing the fun part!" I complained.

I saw him roll his eyes and turn over to sleep. Ugh, what a drag...

"Amaterasu!" Midoriya called, "How'd you pick your name?!"

The class quieted down and glued their eyes to me, "Well... your hero name really is so important. It reflects the way the world is going to see you. It is a representation of who you are and what you stand for."

"Amaterasu is the Goddess of the Sun. She's a shining light of hope who treats all equally and fairly. It was kind of bold to name myself after a goddess, especially such an important one," I chuckled. "But, it is a constant reminder of who I want to be."

The students all looked at me in awe, realizing that nothing I did was by accident.

"SO COOL!" Midoriya cried, breaking the silence. I laughed heartily.