Chapter 22: #1 Teacher

"Warm up!" I yelled as I entered the gym.

"You're late, Amaterasu." All Might said as I approached him.

I just groaned as I set my stuff down.

I was up all night thinking about my kiss with Hawks, so I barely slept. Plus, I was exhausted after training Katsuki and Kirishima this morning.

I took a nap during my break, and may have overslept just a tad...

"Barely," I grumbled.

He just laughed and put his hand on my shoulder.

I also trained with Shinso this morning. He barely gets any time in the gym, so his progress has been so much slower than everyone else's.

It was starting to piss me off.

As I watched the students warm up, an idea popped into my head.

I looked over at Shota, not really wanting to talk to him, but he was the one to ask, "I want to bring Shinso in to train with class 1A."

"Not possible," He mumbled.

"And why's that?"

"He's not in the hero's course."

I was getting really annoyed now, "You and I both know he should be. He deserves to be!"

He looked at me, "Regardless. That's not something you can just decide."

"So, who would decide that?"

"Nezu."

"Great! All Might, take over for the next 10 minutes. I'll be back."

"Where are you going?" Shota groaned, annoyed.

"To go talk to Nezu!" I called while walking out of the gym.

"It's pointless, y/n." He called after me.

"Ugh, she never listens..." Shota said.

I heard All Might laugh.

Shinso will train with us... You'll see.

I threw open the door to Nezu's office, and was shocked by what I saw. Hawks, Endeavor, and Gang Orca were all sitting there.

I hadn't spoken to Hawks since our kiss yesterday afternoon, and I had definitely been ignoring his texts and calls.

Well, I came in too hot to turn back now.

I walked forward and put my hands down on Nezu's desk, "I want to bring Hitoshi Shinso in to train with class 1A."

Shota casually strolled in, "Sorry for the interruption, I tried to tell her."

I ignored him, my eyes locked onto Nezu.

Nezu, come on! Trust me!!!

"Ha! You can't just barge in here, into our private meeting, and demand something so ridiculous!" Endeavor called.

I turned around, "Do you mind? I'm trying to have a conversation."

I looked back at Nezu, "Nezu, I've been training with him. This kid is amazing. But he's not getting any time in the gym—"

Endeavor interrupted, "You can't just demand a regular student join the heroes! If he was good enough, he wouldn't be in the general course!!"

"Seriously, dude. Manners." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Y/n, no. We need to get back to the gym," Shota interjected.

"Nezu, you asked me to help you with the next generation." I continued, "That's exactly what I'm doing. Please, Shinso deserves a chance."