Chapter 50: Escape

Eri had called out for me as her quirk had started going out of control.

Midoriya landed a final blow on Overhaul, and it looked like the worst of it was over. Overhaul was immobile while Midoriya was unconscious.

My eyes frantically scanned the area, so many heroes were rushing towards us, including Shota. It looked like he had used his erasure on Eri as soon as he let me go from it.

I had no idea how this little girl was still doing fine, but as soon as she saw me landed she sprinted over.

"Ama!!" she threw her arms around me in a hug. "You came back for me!"

"Of course, Eri. I said I would save you," I held her tightly, but I was running out of time.

I couldn't afford to be caught here.

"Eri, I have to leave for good this time," I pulled back to look at her. "But you'll be safe here. I promise. They'll take good care of you."

"No! Ama! Please. I want to go with you. Deku is safe now," she was crying, and I had no idea what to do.

"Ok, get on my back," I turned around and she hopped on.

I knew if I tried to fly away, Shota would just erase my quirk, so I had to improvise.

I slammed my hand on the ground and caused a small hole to open up, leading us back down into the Compound.

I jumped down and quickly closed the hole behind us. If I couldn't go in the air, below ground would have to work.

I honestly didn't know what would happen if I got caught, but I didn't want to find out.

What if they sent me to prison? Or labeled me a villain? Plastered me all over the news as a traitor.

What if they sent me back to the League as a spy?

I was operating out of pure fear at this point, and I felt like I had no one to trust.

Keigo would be my best bet but I had no idea where to find him. And he was also the one who had set this up, so he must have known the hero commission and police force would be here.

Did Shigaraki know too? Was he planning on it?

Was it on purpose because we didn't have enough members to take down the Shie Hassaikai alone? But if that was the case, why would they send me?

Weren't they worried I would just rejoin the heroes as soon as I could? Or did they know that the heroes wouldn't accept me back?

I still had absolutely no idea what had happened or what was going on... And running through all the possibilities was driving me insane.

And now, I was technically kidnapping a child they were trying to rescue which probably wasn't a good look either.

I sighed to myself as I ran... It was too late to turn back. No where to go but forward.

I checked my watch and realized I was well over an hour late to where I was supposed to meet up with the League again.

If they weren't sure before, they definitely knew by now that I wasn't coming back.

After awhile of running, I slowed down figuring we were far enough away. I had no idea what part of the city we were underneath, and I would have to go back above ground eventually to plan our next move.

"Ama," Eri said softly. "I'm tired."

I smiled as I crouched down and let her get off my back, "Here, I'll carry you like this."