Chapter 48: Compound 1

We waited in the basement of a building near the Shie Hassaikai Compound.

"Why here?" I asked as I looked at Keigo. Shigaraki told me I would be helping, but I wasn't given any other information than my overall objective.

He said he still didn't trust me. We had a long talk without anyone else around the other day.

I think it was meant to scare me into loyalty, but it was more annoying than anything else.

"Apparently a girl is being held here," he mumbled as he looked at his phone. "So this is where most of the group is stationed. If we take out this spot, we'll essentially wipe them out."

I kept a blank expression on my face, but that's exactly what I was hoping to hear. And then some.

The child was here, and I was going to use this time to grab her and get away.

I looked at Dabi who looked as uninterested as ever. I couldn't lie to myself... I was going to miss him.

"Hawks, how much time left?" Shigaraki asked. They were waiting for something before we made our move, but I didn't know what.

At right around 8:30, there was a loud crash from above. I looked around the small basement as it began to shake slightly.

"Is that it?" Shigaraki asked as he watched Hawks intensely.

"Not yet."

I had no idea what was going on. Was there already fighting going on at the Compound?

Apparently these tunnels will lead us to the inside of their hideout and would keep us out of sight.

We were going to basically eliminate them, or force them into submission, but I doubted it would play out that well.

Shigaraki was out for blood, and no one else seemed to mind except for me.

Keigo wasn't coming with us of course. He would be too easily recognized, but he was here to see us off and direct the operation.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked as there was another loud boom, and Toga just looked at me giggling.

"Alright. You're cleared to go," Keigo looked up at us.

Shigaraki smirked, "Time to make them pay."

He began to lead the way with most everyone following closely behind.

Before I turned to leave, I grabbed Dabi's hand and pulled him into me.

I kissed him deeply before looking into his eyes, caressing his face one last time.

"What is it?" he asked, almost looking concerned but not quite.

"I just want you to stay safe," I smiled softly at him.

He smiled back, "You've always been a worrier."

My heart pounded as I realized I was really about to leave again. I almost felt guilty.

He kissed my forehead before pulling apart, "Let's get this over with."

I took a deep breath as he walked away, ignoring that Keigo was staring at me.

"Y/n," he whispered, and I glanced over at him. "Remember who you are."

"You too," I kissed his cheek and offered a small smile before taking off through the tunnels.