Chapter 7: It's a Date

Over the next couple days, I spent my time getting acquainted with the other students at UA.

I hadn't talked to Shota since... well, since I threatened him.

So, I took it as the perfect opportunity to scout out the rest of campus.

I spent time with the other hero classes, along with classes in the general, support, and business courses.

Principal Nezu asked me to focus mostly on the first years.

His vision is that I would continue with these first years until they graduate, and then start all over, similar to home room teachers.

It was plenty to keep me busy, and I liked the idea of being able to form real bonds with these students.

However, thinking about being here for years was starting to scare me. Is that really something I could do?

It had been a long week, but it was finally Friday, so I decided to stop by class 1A.

All Might had been giving me regular updates on the students since they had been training daily.

I wanted to be there, but there were so many students to observe and evaluate.

I walked into the classroom, and All Might was giving some inspiration speech while Eraser Head was wrapped up in his yellow sleeping bag on the floor.

Oh, what I sight... I laughed to myself.

"Amaterasu!!! Welcome!" All Might startled me, I hadn't even noticed I was staring at Shota's sleeping face.

He looked so peaceful... With the introduction, the class started shouting and I saw Aizawa open his eyes slightly.

Those sleepy eyes made my heart flutter.

Ugh, y/n, please stop.

"Hey everyone!" I cocked my head with a smile.

"y/n! I stopped one of Bakugo's explosion with my hardening!" Kirishima shouted.
"Shut the hell up Spikey Hair! Only because I let you!" Bakugo retorted.
"y/n, I hit a new PR with how far I can shoot my acid!" Mina boasted.
"I learned how to create 3 new weapons!" Yaoyorozu added.

They were all so excited. To see.... me.... It took everything I had not to start tearing up.

As they settled down, I started to talk. "I am so proud of you all. It's only been a few days, and you've had so much progress! I can't wait to see all your new moves next week."

I couldn't help it. I was tearing up. This was a dream.

"Aww, y/n-sensei, are we making you cry?!" Kaminari yelled.

"Ahhhh sorry guys! This is so embarrassing! I am just so damn proud to be your teacher. Being here feels like a dream!"

All Might put his arm around me and started to laugh, "Look, you guys already broke the hard shell of the infamous Amaterasu!"

"Ok, ok, that's enough." Shota interjected. "You all are dismissed for the weekend."

"Bye All Might! y/n! Mr. Aizawa!" They chanted in unison as they started to file out of the classroom, most of them grinning ear to ear.

I think I even saw a little smile from Katsuki.

I turned to the two standing next to me, "Well, see you both next week!"

I couldn't wait to get some time to myself.

The reporters had fully dispersed from my apartment which means I can finally go for a run without being followed!