Chapter 23- Hope Breeds Eternal Misery

**Please be sure to read the author note at the end of the chapter**

(Chapter 23- Hope Breeds Eternal Misery)

I sit in Jeremy’s room anxiously biting my nails trying to think of ways to leave. He’s obviously made it clear he isn’t letting me go so I don’t have very many options. It’s not like I don’t want to be here but I have to take care of some things in my pack before I can be with Jeremy. First Alpha Steven is still watching me and two Tyler hasn’t met Sloane. Ugh I ‘m just so confused as to what to do.

I grow tired of sitting in the empty room alone and decide to get a change of scenery. He said I couldn’t leave the house not his room so at least I have some options. I’m starting to think coming here might have been a mistake. I should not have risked it and now I’m sure to be caught and Tyler will be raging mad. I just really wanted to see Jeremy and I let my need overpower my head.

Just as I open the door to Jeremy’s room I feel Tyler trying to invade my head. He’s trying to see where I am.

‘Kiela where are you?’ He shouts.

Yep, I knew it. He’s mad….very mad. I sigh knowing I need to reply or I’ll be in even more trouble when and if he gets me back.

‘I’m sorry Tyler. I came to see-‘

‘I think I already know.’ He says bitterly. ‘I knew I never should have left you alone. You and Regan left right after you were dropped off, didn’t you?’

‘Tyler it was my fault. Please don’t be angry at her. I forced her to bring me here.’

‘We’ll discuss that later. We are on our way.’

I quickly started to panic. ‘We?’

‘Yes you didn’t think I was coming on another Alpha’s territory alone did you?’

Of course not.

‘He won’t let me go Tyler. It will be a fight.’

‘Then I’m prepared for it. I’ll be there soon.’

With that being his last words he shut off the link between us giving me no time to reply. Oh no, why did I have to do this? Why? I should have just waited until everything was ok. Now because of me both my mates could be hurt. What should I do?

Who can I trust here to help me out? I don’t know Sloane well enough and then there’s Emily. Don’t even get me started on that. I’m running out of options here. Wait a minute. I wonder if Regan stayed? Would Jeremy have made her leave?

I immediately began storming the house for her. ‘Oh please be here.’ I searched the kitchen, living Room and various other rooms but came up empty. Where was she? No, where was anyone? The house was completely empty.

I peered out one of the windows from the living room and saw a bunch of the pack gather around outside. In the middle of them stood Jeremy giving what looked like a speech. I wonder if it had to do anything with me being here? No doubt warning them not to let me go. This is going to be one more fight between the packs and it’s all my fault.

One option is to just let it all play out and hope that Tyler meets Sloane and accepts her before attacking but there is a good chance that may not happen and then one or both of them get’s seriously hurt. I think my best option is just to leave and figure this out another way. Part of me was saddened about Sloane being Tyler’s mate because it was true I did love him but then the other part of me was happy about it because they were made for each other. I suppose I was being selfish. It wasn’t right for me to hang on to both of them like that. I needed to let one of them go.