Chapter 2- Life Is Full Of Surprises (Rewritten)

(Chapter 2- You Chose Me?)

"She will be quite alright. I think the nerves must have had her." A male voice said.

"Good, I don't need anything happening to my mate." 

My Mate? Is he talking about me? And why does his voice sound so familiar? I know it from somewhere. 

"You can try coming back in an hour to see if she's up if you'd like." The male voice offered.

"I guess that would be best. I don't think me standing around here waiting for her to wake up is helping anything." He replied. "But if she happens to wake up before I return please send someone to get me." 

As soon as the door was closed I knew he was gone and I was alone. I wonder who he is. Part of me wants to know but another part of me doesn't. I'm not really sure what that means. Either way, just for now, I wanted to pretend that all of this wasn't happening. Even if it's just for a little while longer.

"You can wake up now." The older male voice said. 

Wait, he knows I'm awake? I slowly opened my eyes to saw the pack doctor standing over me wearing an amused smile. It was obvious he knew what I was doing. 

"Hiding from someone are we?" He asked.

"No," I lied.

"Then, why didn't you talk to your mate while he was here? I know you heard him." He chuckled.

I guess there was no sense in lying to him now. Besides if he didn't rat me out before then I seriously doubt he would now. 

"He's not my mate. I don't know who my mate is." I admitted. 

"So that's it. Not ready for all of it huh?" He guessed. 

"I guess you could say that." I shrugged. 

He looked at me in understanding and nodded before placing a hand on my shoulder. I have always liked Jerry. He has known my family since was a little girl and we've always gotten along well. Of course he's Jerry, he gets along with everybody, but still. He's one of the nicest people I know. 

"I won't tell if you won't." He joked.

"Deal," I laughed. "Thank you, Jerry."

"Sure, kiddo."

He went back to arranging his medical supplies, while I laid back down on the bed and enjoyed my last few minutes of peace before my mysterious mate came back for me. I know I don't have long. 

I tried to think up happy thoughts to distract myself from thinking about him. It was driving me cray that I didn't know who he was or why he chose me. I wonder why he did that. He obviously knows me but who could it be?

A brief knock at the door pulled me from my thoughts and sent my heart racing. Oh no, it's him. He's back already! I shot up from the bed quicker than I could think only to realize I was still a bit to dizzy to stand and sat back down. 

"Kyla, you're up." Mom said when she opened the door and saw me sitting there.

"Yeah." I groaned. 

"Well, you don't sound so happy about it." She said sarcastically.

Of course not. My head my pounding and I have so many questions I don't know where to began.  Not to mention I have a mte that I haven't even met yet. Oh how I missed the simple days when I was just the loner with a very boring mundane life. Which up until a few hours ago was today.