Chapter 5- Brought It All On Myself

(Chapter 5- Brought It All On Myself)

“Let me put up my stuff and we can go.” Reagan told me before opening her locker.

“Sorry Rea you will be alone today. I have to ride with Tyler again.” I stated and rolled my eyes. “Something about having to do everything together since we are now mates.”

“Aww I have to walk alone now?” She whined.

“I’m sorry Rea. If it were up to me I would rather walk with you.” I said.

“You would?”

“Of course, you are way more fun.” I joked.

Reagan laughed along with me as we walked to the parking lot. When we got there Tyler wasn’t at his car yet so Regan stayed too talked with me until he came.

After about 15 minutes everyone had left and the lot was almost empty apart from a few cars at the end. I was beginning to wonder what was taking Tyler so long. Normally he was the first ones to leave the school. He wasn’t the type to hang around.

“Are you listening to me?” Reagan interrupted my thoughts.

“Sorry, I’m just wondering where Tyler is.”

“Yeah it is taking him a while.” She stated.

“You can leave if you want. I’m going to find him.”

“I’m in no hurry, I’ll come with.”

“Ok thanks.” I smiled.

She followed me back inside the school as I began searching. I looked through the halls and then the library along with a few class rooms. I was about to give up when I heard voices coming from the gym as I passed by. I immediately stopped and peered in.

I couldn’t see much due to me trying not to be seen and hiding behind a wall but what I did see surprised me. Tyler was standing in front of Megan trapping her against to bleachers with nowhere to go.

I silently wondered what she was doing there with him. She had a mate, Alex. Where was he at? Was Tyler seeing her or something? Maybe this was a private meeting.

I was just about to turn and walkway when I heard another male voice speak. I moved around the wall a little more to see who it was.

Alex was standing beside her looking worried. I could now see the expression on Tyler’s face and looked furious. I wonder what had got him so mad. Was it because he interrupted him and Megan?

“What do you see?” Regan whispered.

“I’m not sure.” I said truthfully. Who knows what is going on here?

Alex looked like he was confessing something to Tyler but he still looked livid. Suddenly Tyler pulled back his hand and smashed his fist into the bleachers breaking them. I immediately shrieked back in fear even though it wasn’t me who it was aimed at.

“How could you be so stupid?” Tyler roared.

“We’re sorry. We didn’t know.” Alex said in defense.

“It’s a good thing you told me or this might have ended a little differently for you.” He spat. “You are never to talk to my mate again unless I give you permission. Is that clear?”

They both nodded quickly to afraid to speak from the looks of it. I was also speechless. Tyler knows and now I’m screwed. What is going to happen now? I have never seen him so mad. Was he mad at me too?

‘That was a dumb question of course he’s made at you Kiela.’ I said to myself. ‘You were the one who was asking questions about your real mate. You were supposed to leave it alone.’