Chapter 10- Thinking Out Loud

(Chapter 10- Thinking Out Loud)

“Hey honey, are you ok?” Mom asked placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

I sighed and watch them place Madeline in the ground. “I just can’t believe it, you know?”

“I know.” She replied wrapping an arm around my shoulder. “But it’s just something we have to accept.”

I was still numb from it all unable that really feel it yet. You know, when something hasn’t quiet sunk in so you can’t really believe it. That’s what I was feeling. I’m just thankful it’s all over and we can now focus on paying back those rogues for what they have done. Now that I have access to my wolf I can actually do something.

‘And we will.’ A voice added.

I quickly turned my head in every direction looking for the person who said it but no one was even close to me except my mom and it wasn’t her voice, it was male.

“What wrong?” Mom asked.

“N-nothing I thought I-“ I cut off looking around again before finishing. “Never mind it’s nothing.”

“Maybe you should go lie down. You look tired. It’s been a long day for all of us.” She said.

I nodded my head. Maybe that’s not such a bad idea since clearly I’m delusional.  Who else in their right mind hears voices in their head?

“I’ll see you back to the house.” Jeremy said.

I looked beside me and noticed him standing next to me. I hate when people just sneak up on me like that.

“Thank you Jeremy.” Mom smiled.

“When did you get here?” I asked.

“A while ago but I didn’t want to interrupt.” He answered.

“Oh.”

“Come on.” He said taking my hand in his.

Again I didn’t protest to him touching me. I think I was starting to grow used to it and that was a bad thing. The last thing I needed was an attachment to him. I feel like we are growing to close.

****

I walked into my room with Jeremy in tow and began taking of my jewelry I wore to the funeral. It was quiet and Jeremy hadn’t spoken much to me on the way here. Maybe he was thinking the same thing I was. Maybe we had been spending too much time together. If he got out now then he could still have a chance at happiness. Why waste time on someone who will never be yours?

‘Spending time with whom?’ The same voice asked.