Chapter 24- Results

(Chapter 24- Resutls) 

I sat on the Couch facing a furious Tyler. No words had been spoken in nearly ten minutes and I was afraid to break that silence. I had never seen him this mad since the Megan and Alex thing.

He paced in front of me in a frustrated manor then suddenly stopped to look at me. “I’m disappointed Kiela. I thought I could trust you.”

“Tyl-”

“Just don’t say anything right now.” He cut me off. “I don’t need anything else to set me off more than I already am.”

Luckily we were the only ones in the room and as far as I knew Alpha Steven hadn’t found out about this yet. I just hope Tyler doesn’t tell him. I don’t want to imagine what would become of Jeremy then.

The minutes ticked by slowly making it seem like hours. I knew I needed to explain myself but I doubt that would make him very happy. He doesn’t want to hear that the reason I left was because I just missed Jeremy so bad that I couldn’t help myself. He was right that would just make him angrier. I hadn’t even got the chance to tell him about his mate yet. Would he even want to know?

“Tyler we’re ready for you and Kiela.” Kyle said bowing his head in respect.

I didn’t even hear him come in. I suppose it was because I was to occupied with my thoughts.

Tyler held out his hand to help me up and I took it. “Where are we going?”

He spoke as he pulled me along. “I was going to tell you when I picked you up from Regan’s house but you weren’t there.”

I flinched at his harsh tone. I didn’t like this Tyler. He was scary. I wanted the sweet one back, like I had before, not whoever this was. I was going to peak but thought better of it and kept my mouth shut.

“Dad is handing down Alpha title to me and after I accept I am announcing you as Luna.” He stated. “Then we will take care of the pack together.”

I swallowed nervously. No…he can’t. I’ve not decided yet. He didn’t even ask me what I wanted. He kept a tight hold on my hand the whole time we walked as if I was going to escape at any minute. If he was acting like this now I ‘m afraid to see what he’ll be like when is actually Alpha. That thought scared me. He’ll change more so than he already had. The Tyler I had grown to love will be gone. Would I be able to bring him back? Oh Sloane why did you have to leave? You could have prevented all of this.

Tyler pulled me outside where the pack meeting was being held and all eyes fell on us. I felt nervous under everyone’s stare. I was never one the like attention.

“Son.” Alpha Steven smiled to Tyler as we stood next to him.

While Alpha mad his speech about the pack and Tyler my eyes wondered around the people standing around me. The all smiled and looked genuinely pleased to be here but I was not. How can I stand before everyone and accept being Luna to a pack that my mate doesn’t belong to.

‘No he doesn’t he belongs to Emily. They are having a baby together.’ My mind reminded me.

I felt a stab of pain to my chest. But it might not be his.

‘Keep telling yourself that.’

I wanted to burst out into tears but I couldn’t. I couldn’t let everyone here see that including Alpha Steven. Even if Jeremy couldn’t be mine I wanted him safe, always.

“And now I’d like to introduce you to our new Alpha and Luna.” Alpha Steven smiled.

Everyone clapped and cheered us on as Tyler took the stage. My eyes scanned everywhere for a familiar face when I found my mom and dad looking at me sadly. They were mirroring exactly how I felt. I wanted to just runaway and never look back. It’s not that I didn’t care about Tyler anymore but this day has been just a little more than I can handle. First I find out Jeremy is possibly going to be a father to someone else’s baby all the while realizing that he once loved her or thought her did. Next Tyler goes all Alpha mode on me and not even bothering to let me explain my feelings or actions for doing what I did. I guess it wouldn’t do any good anyhow seeing as he’s never had a mate to compare this kind of love to. He’d probably just brush it off.