Chapter 16- Sloane

(Chapter 16- Sloane)

Recap-

“Emily?” Tyler asked in shock.

She turned toward him with surprise clearly written across her face. “Ty? Oh my God, it’s been forever.”

They reached out for each other and hugged for quite some time before letting go. The sock on my face must have been quite obvious because when Tyler turned to look at me he laughed.

“Kiela this is-”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“She knows who I am.” Emily interrupted with a smirk across her face.

“Unfortunately.” I mumbled to myself.

“What?” She snapped.

I sighed in defeat not wanting to start a fight right now, especially since we were both pregnant. Well she claimed to be anyway. There is no way of knowing for sure until 4 months is up and the baby is due.

“Nothing.” I replied.

She rolled her eyes at me and turned back to Tyler smiling. She obviously knows him from somewhere but where. He never mentioned her to me before, but then again their two packs knew each other so maybe they were childhood friends.

I feel sorry for him if he was friends with her throughout his childhood. That must have been the worst thing to have to endure as a child.

As they continued talking about whatever is was they were talking about the suspense was killing me and I really needed to know what was going on. The least they owed me was an explanation.

“How do you know each other?” I impatiently asked.

That gathered both of their attention as they looked at me.

“Emily is my cousin. We practically grew up together.” Tyler explained.

What, they were relatives? That means they share some of the same genes. Oh God.

“Why don’t we step out for a while and give these three some privacy.” Karen said reminding me they were there.

No one seemed to object as they left the room but I could see curious looks on most of their faces, especially Regan and moms.

After everyone was out a silence grew in the room making me uncomfortable. I wanted some answers and Tyler better start explaining. Was Emily the spy from the other pack? Was she the real reason Jeremy got taken?

I knew it was useless but I decided to try my mind link to him again.