Chapter 21- What The Heart Wants

(Chapter 21- What The Heart Wants)

"Kiela honey what is it?" Mom asks worried.

I shook my head refusing to believe what my mind was telling me.

"T-Tyler....this mating....it- it was all for revenge." I whispered.

"What?"

"This was to pay you back for leaving behind your other mate. You crushed him and now the Alpha wants revenge for his brother."

Mom sat down next to me looking equally as worried. She was scared. As was I. I didn't know what to do. Should I confront Tyler about this? Will he tell me the truth? Do I even want to know the truth? All these questions were making my head spin.

How could Tyler be part of this? That isn't who he is. Or do I really know him at all?

"Kiela?" Tyler called out from the hallway.

I quickly shot up and turned to the doorway knowing he would find us there eventually.

"I'm in here." I replied.

He followed my voice and wound up in the room we were in giving me a worried look. He could tell something was wrong.

"Are you ok?" He asks coming to stand next to me. "I felt something was wrong."

Of course he did. We were mated. I knew I need to ask him but not here. Not now. I need to get him alone where we could really talk this out.

Without answering him I turned back to my mom. "I've gotta go. I'll call you later."

She knew I would tell her everything once I found out. With that she bid me goodbye and we left.

Ten minutes later we were driving down the road in complete silence as I went over in my head how this would go. It could go either really good or really bad. Either way I'm sure to get some answers.

"Kiela you're scaring me. Are you ok?"

As we pass by an empty park I got an idea. It was the perfect place to be alone.

"Tyler pull over here please." I say motioning to the playground.

He didn't question me and did as I asked which I was thankful for. Once the car was in park he turned to look at me.

"What is it?"

I felt the tears threatening to escape my eyes while my throat became tight. Would I even be able to get through this? No I have to. I have to know the truth no matter how painful it might be.

"Do you know about your uncle's mate, the one that left him?" I asked.

He shook his head in confusion. "Ellie? What about her?"

Ellie? Is that what he called her? I mean it's pretty close to her name. Elsie...Ellie.

"Do you know who she is?" I ask.

"I've never met her but I heard a lot about her from Jackson. Why?"

Ok so he doesn't know. Or maybe he's lying. I don't know. I suppose if he is, he's very good at it.

"I know her." I replied.

Tyler still looked completely loss and failed to see where I was going with this.

I sigh before continuing. "She's my mom."

Tyler's face turned to one of shock. Then he looked worried. Maybe he just figured it out. I wonder if it's the same thing I realized.

"You mean she's the one that left him broken?" He asked.

I nod. "Yeah she met my dad and left him. She was kicked from her pack for it."