Chapter 13- Trouble

(Chapter 13- Trouble)

 “Why didn’t you call me as soon as you got back?” Regan Demanded.

“Because I had a lot to deal with and didn’t think about it.” I explained softly.

She looked at me sympathetically as she nodded her head. The past hour I have been sitting here telling her everything that happened this week with Jeremy and what happened when I came home. I know she felt bad for me but the last thing I wanted was pity and it seemed that was she felt for me.

“So how can I help?” She asked.

“I don’t know unless you can help with this whole mate thing.” I stated.

Regan broke out in a grin as looked at me and I knew then that she already had something in mind.

“Uh oh, I know that look.” I said.

Regan pulled her phone out of her pocket began scrolling through her contacts. “I have a cousin in Black River Pack that knows all the neighboring packs and I bet he is willing to help us out.”

“And?” I asked. Knowing Regan there is something more to be said.

She chuckled before speaking. “Well he kind of thinks…he’s psychic.”

“There it is.” I laughed.

“What?” She replied innocently.

I shook my head at her. “There is always something you leave out. I could tell by the look on your face this time.”

“So what’s the big deal?” She asked.

I tried not to get cracked up as I spoke to her. “You think Blaine, your eccentric cousin, who thinks he was Bruce Lee in a past life, will be able to help us?”

“I know it sounds crazy but he did predict a few things that came true.” She defended.

“Like?”

“Well…” She began to think. “He said the Giants would win the Super Bowl this year and they did.”

“Lucky guess.” I stated.

“He also predicted the Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart scandal.” She added.

“Really?” I asked unconvinced.

“What do we have to lose Kie?” She asked. “It’s better than nothing.”

I smiled in appreciation at her willing to help. I suppose most people wouldn’t care and would go on living their own lives. I’m lucky to have a friend like her.

I nodded my head. “Ok, let’s do it.”

“Great.” She said before putting her phone to her ear. “Let me tell him we’re coming.”

I sat silently as she called Blaine to tell him the news. I used to know him when he was in our pack about 6 years ago. After his dad died his mom went off and found her true mate as well and moved with his pack a few miles away.  Next to ours and Jeremy’s pack they are the next strongest pack around.

“Hey Blainey what’s up?” She teased knowing he hated that name.

He said something on the other end of the line I could quiet make out but whatever it was Regan started laughing at him.

“I know, I know but we need the help of your amazing psychic ability.” She joked.

“No, I’ll explain it when we arrive today.” She said.

He said something back to her before she said goodbye and hung up.

“He will be waiting for us.” She said putting away her phone.