Chapter 22- Never Letting Go

(Chapter 22- Never Letting Go)

Regan and I stood outside of Jeremy’s house waiting for him to make sure the place was empty before we went in. With the spy in the pack still I couldn’t risk being seen by anyone. No one could know I was here. We had already changed and were waiting in our human forms Jeremy came outside and rushed to me.

I only had an hour to spend with him before it was time for me to leave so I wanted to make the most of it.

“Kiela.” He smiled wrapping his arms around me tight. “I’ve missed you.”

“I’ve missed you to.” I replied burying my face into his shoulder inhaling his scent.

This is what I had missed, being in his arms. I feel so complete here, like it’s where I have always belonged. He placed small tiny kisses all over my head while holding me to him in a sweet loving gesture. I just couldn’t get enough of him.

Regan awkwardly cleared her throat reminding us she was still there and I pulled away from him blushing. I hadn’t meant to ignore her I just got so caught up in the moment I just forgot about her being there.

“Sorry.” I mumbled.

“Regan this is Jeremy. Jeremy this is Regan.” I said introducing them.

“Hi Regan.” He smiled politely. “Any friend of Kiela’s is a friend of mine.”

“Or a mate of mine.” A familiar voice said.

I whirled around to the person behind us and came face to face with Jared, Regan’s mate. What was he doing here? Oh no is he the spy! But I didn’t see him here before. I don’t understand.

“This is your mate?” Jeremy asked pointing to Regan out of surprise.

“She is.” He smiled walking around us to kiss Regan’s surprised face.

She pulled back and looked at him confused. “Wait I thought you were visiting your cousin today? He’s in this pack?”

Um Jared has a cousin here? I’m confused to.

He chuckled and turned to Jeremy then back to her. “Jeremy is my cousin babe.”

“What?” She gasped. “I never knew that.”

“His dad and my mom are brother and sister.” Jared explained.

“Wow I didn’t see that happening.” I laugh.

“Me either.” Regan agreed.

“What are you doing here anyway?” He asked her.

She looked down a little nervous before explaining. “I came with Kiela to find Jeremy. Her mate.”

“I take it Tyler doesn’t know.” He said.

“No.” She shook her head. “Are you mad?”

He sighed. “No I’m not mad but I don’t want you involved in this. They don’t need to know you have any part of it if they are found out.”

“I’m sorry.” I interrupted. “I asked her to help me.”

“I just don’t think it’s fair that Kiela has to mate with someone she was never meant for.” She stated.

I really hope I didn’t get her in trouble. I would have known the circumstances beforehand I never would have asked her to do this for me. Now I kind of feel bad.

He stroked her face looking at her with nothing but pure love. Seeing them now I don’t think they could ever be mad at each other.

“I know babe but let them handle it ok?” He asked softly.