Chapter 18- New Feelings

This chapter is dedicated to forever_Young2296 for the awesome banner to the side>>>>>

Recap-

"Then stay with me until she is found." He said then whispered the last part. "If she is found."

"Jeremy will never be ok with that. He's plans on coming back for me." I stated.

"Who's coming for you?" Alpha Steven asked stepping inside the room and closing the door.

Of all the times to interrupt it just had to be now didn't it? How are we going to talk ourselves out of this one? I have no clue how to even answer him. It was either me tell him the truth or choose to stay silent letting him assume what he wants. Either way I don't think the outcome will be good and I had a feeling this is where my happy ending would all come crashing down.

****

(Chapter 18- New Feelings)

As I stared back into the Alpha’s questioning eyes I stood frozen in place. I had no idea how to respond. Anything I say might only dig me in a deep hole than I’m already in. This is just great.

I forced my eyes away from him long enough to silently beg for Tyler’s help. He just had to pull me out of this. He’s the only one who could. I’m sure Alpha would believe anything he said.

“Kiela and I were just discussing the rouge problem.” He lied looking to his father.

‘Please, please buy it.’ I silently hoped. Come on Tyler, do something.

“She seems to think the rouge leader will come back for her but I’ve assured her several times we can handle it.” He added.

Alpha Steven smiled proudly at Tyler. “That’s because we have the strongest pack.”

His gazed fell from Tyler’s and back to mine once again before he finished speaking. “As long as we can keep Kiela out of the woods alone, we have nothing to worry about.”

I swallowed the lump that was now forming in my throat. He doesn’t know why I was out there, does he? How would he take it if he thought I was trying to find Tyler’s mate so I could be with mine? This isn’t good at all.  I have this creeping feeling he knows a lot more than he’s letting on just to mess with me.

“I don’t think that will be a problem dad.” He said. “Kiela is on bed rest for a while."

“I think that’s for the best.” He agreed.

“Apart from bathroom privileges and getting to walk for a few minutes out of the day, she can’t be up.” He stated.