Chapter 9- The Morning After

(Chapter 9- The Morning After)

“Just one more break and you’re done.” Jeremy encouraged.

“I can’t.” I cried out.

“You can, you’ve done so well.” He said.

I was now into the 5th hour of my transition and the pain was still excruciating. After having every bone in my body broke and rebroken I honestly don’t know how I’m still alive. It’s the worst pain imaginable and it makes you wish you were dead just to be out of misery.

“If I have to go through this every time I changes I don’t think I’ll make it.” I whispered.

I had lost my voice hours ago from all the screaming. Even Jeremy screamed a little. Although I’m sure it was because of how hard I was squeezing his hand.

“It won’t be. It’s just the first transition that’s the hardest.” He said rubbing my back as I lay on the floor.

“Thank you.” I Mumbled.

“For what?” He asked.

Turning my head to look at him I smiled the best I could manage. “Being here when you didn’t have to.”

“You don’t have to thank me. It’s my duty as your mate.” He said proudly.

Well actually Tyler is since we...

Jeremy’s face fell into one of hurt and sadness. He looked like I had just broken his favorite toy or something. Why would he-

Oh crap. "I just said thought out loud didn't I?" 

He nodded his head slowly, still looking so broken.

Great Kiela, why did you have to say that? Use a knife next time I’m sure it would hurt him less.

“I’m sorry; I don’t know why I said that.” I confessed.

“Because it’s true.” He stated.

I sighed. “It may be but I still shouldn’t have said it. I don’t blame you for hating me.”

He looked at me shocked. “Don’t ever say that. It’s true that I am hurt but I could never hate you.” He said stroking my cheek causing sparks to fly.

“If you don’t stop that we’ll both be in trouble. “ I Joked looking at his hand on my face.

“The let’s get in trouble.” He laughed.

I rolled my eyes at him but still smiled. I loved how care free he was about stuff. If he only knew how much crap I would be in though if my pack found out I was spending time with him. Maybe since I was transitioning then it could be an exception to the rule. Who knows, I guess I will find out when I go back.

As much as I hate to admitt it, I have no choice but to tell Tyler about this. If I didn’t then it could backfire on me and cause way more problems than it’s worth. Beside’s I have nothing to hide right? It’s not like we have done anything to warrant him getting mad over. Lets just hope Tyler see’s it that way though because when it come's right down to it I'm actually his. I can't let him my heart overrule my head on this one.

“You’re so Beautiful Kiela. I wish we could have met sooner.” He smiled.

“Me too.” I agreed.

I’m sure if we had then things might be a lot differently than they are now. Maybe then I would actually be mated to my real mate and not a chosen one.

“Ahhh.” I screamed again as the last shots of pain started up again. This time the were way more intense.

My whole back was literally on fire and my bones were popping in and out of place. I was burning from the inside out and I felt that this time I wouldn’t make it.