Chapter 15- Did You Say Baby?

(Chapter 15- Did You Say Baby?)

My head was still spinning from Tyler’s words. Did he really just say baby? I couldn’t have heard him right. I wasn’t even pregnant. Maybe he’s suffering from some kind of condition after what all he had to go through to get me.

I mean seriously I am not ready to be a mother right now. It’s just not possible. Maybe in a few years but defiantly not now.

I continued to stare into Tyler’s wet eyes now in confusion. He gripped my hand lightly and I let him afraid he might get over emotional or something if I pulled away.

“Did you say baby?” I asked hoping for answers.

He nodded his head and stared deep into my eyes making a sense of worry overtake my body.

“Tyler what’s wrong?”

“We lost our baby.” He said letting the tears fall heavily.

I shook my head quickly. “Tyler, I’m not even pregnant.”

“You were 4 weeks.” He explained. “You wouldn’t even have known yet.”

4 weeks in werewolf pregnancy equels to about 8 weeks in human pregnancy. Its about half the time so that means I would have been able to tell very soon.

I felt my throat tighten and my body become shaky. No this just couldn’t be. I didn’t lose my child, I just didn’t. How could I when I didn’t even know about it. That can’t happen.

I looked down at my stomach and place a hand over it. As crazy as it was I was hoping to feel something…anything. I know it was physically impossible but I needed something to show me that it wasn’t so.

“No.” I muttered only loud enough for my ears.

“What?” Tyler asked.

“I said no.” I replied almost yelling.

He grabbed a hold of my shoulders and looked me in the eyes. “It’s true Kiela. I saw the evidence myself and the doctor confirmed it.”

I felt the tears streaming down my face uncontrollably as I knocked his hand off me and tried to stand up. Much to my disappointment though I fell right back down on the bed from being so light headed.

“Kiela you need to sit down before something else happens to you. You’ve lost too much blood to be up and walking.” He ordered.

“Something else?” I nearly yelled. “I’ve lost my baby what else could possibly be any worse?”

He grabbed my face between his hands as I tried to fight him off. The last thing I wanted was to be touched and he wasn’t getting that.

“Hey, hey look at me.” He said softly trying to calm me down. “We’ll get through this together, I promise.”

I couldn’t even respond to his words. It was like I was an empty shell and everything was just going through me.

It a total of 24 hours I have lost everything. My baby was dead and my mate was gone. If it wasn’t for the fact that I knew in my heart Jeremy was still alive I would have no reason to live anymore. I would just rather be lying in a ditch dead somewhere.

This isn’t the way my life was supposed to turn out. I was supposed to meet my mate, fall in love and have his pups. Instead life decided to hand me this. I think it was just testing my limits to see how much I could really take.

I know people say you have to learn to live with the hand you’ve been dealt but apparently no one has had to live through this or they wouldn’t have said that.