Chapter 17- Getting Free

(Chapter 17- Getting Free)

"Do you remember the plan?" I asked Sloane one last time.

I could sense the fear in her but she nodded her head anyway. It was easier now that I could actually see her unlike yesterday. After one of the rogues brought in a light we were able to see around the cell and figure a way out.

"Sloane, I need you to get your head in this. The only way we are getting out of here is if you're sure you can do this." I lectured. "If you can't then it's all a waste and will probably get us killed in the process."

I had been going over all the possible scenarios with her for the past two hours. We had talked this thing through about a dozen times since we came up with a plan but she still seemed nervous. I could see the worried look in her eyes but she would talk about it.

"It just..." She said through a broken voice. "I don't want to die."

As her tears threatened to spill over I didn't know what else to do so I hugged her hoping to calm her down.

"Don't worry. You just have to trust me to get us out of this, ok?"I soothed.

I felt her head nod and she pushed me away. "You're a good Alpha. I hope my next one is as nice as you."

"Next one?" I questioned.

She looked guilty as she spoke. "When I ran from my mate I ran from my pack to. I was trying to get far away from this place."

"So you deserted your pack." I said more of a statement.

"I had to. If he came that close to my pack it was only a matter of time before he found me." She confessed.

So not only is she an orphan but she's also rogue. She certainly wasn't having it easy. If her pack found out she left without join another pack then they would probably kill her. Well that is if the rogues don't do it for them.

I quickly shook that thought from my mind. No way was I letting us die here. I had a mate and a pack to get back to and Sloane-. She doesn't have anything. No pack, no family, and no mate. She had nothing to get back to.

Something about her just made me want to take her in and help her. The thought of sending her out there alone where God only knows what could happen bothered me. Maybe I can offer her some kind of protection.

"Why don't you join my pack?" I offered. "You would be safe there."

"Really?" She asked.

"Only if you want to." I replied.

"That would be great." She smiled before hugging me excitedly.

Movement from behind the door caught my attention and I pulled from Sloane's embrace. Looking back to her I placed my finger over my lips indicating for her to remain quiet. She nodded her head and backed up against the wall behind us.

"It's time to put on a show." I whispered.

I laid down on the floor Just like we had rehearsed and remained a still as I could. My goal was to seem like I was dead and as soon as one of the rouges came close enough unarmed then I would make my move.

The door rattled as someone unlocked it and then shortly I heard it swing open. As the footsteps neared I made my breathing short and shallow and then to a stop. Lucky for me I'm used to holding my breath for long periods or time since I was a swimmer. It pays off when I need to swim long distances under water. The last time I was timed I maxed out at three minutes.

"Get up." A voice boomed.

I could hear Sloane getting to her feet as the same time I made no movement.