Part II. Chapter-29

ANGELOS POV.

"That was quick." I mentioned quietly.

Gino and Mercury were already fast asleep.

"Gino has always been able to fall asleep anytime and anywhere." Our father sighed.

That's true.

"So?" He asked.

So?

"So what?" I took a sip of my coffee.

"How's the life of a father treating you?"

I shrugged. "Easier than I thought it would be."

He rolled his eyes. "That's because she was born pretty much an adult. You won't have to deal with a rebellious phase."

"I never went through a rebellious phase." I defended.

"You're right." My father scoffed. "You came into this world acting like a little prick. No phase needed."

"Told you."

"Whatever. Anyways, Christmas is coming and I have no idea as to what the hell to get your mother for it." He leaned back.

Damn. I forgot that was coming up.

"Have you tried getting her something that wasn't some sort of precious stone?" I asked.

We each looked at each other for a moment before busting out laughing.

"C-could you imagine her face?" I struggled to catch my breath.

"She'd kill me. I'd be on the floor dead."

"Holy shit. That's really unfortunate for you. It really is, I apologize." I finally sobered up.

    "Oh shut up. Seriously. She's got one of everything, I'm running out of options."

"Alright fine. I know a guy who owns a shop in Tuscany. He's got the rarest stuff I've ever seen. Don't ask me how, because I don't know."

    "That seems like a better option. How are the prices?" The look on his face told me he was bracing himself.

   "Expensive enough to suit moms taste."

"Good god. You kids won't have much inherit-," he stopped his sentence and stared at my sleeping brother.

    What the hell?

He didn't speak as he continued to stare at Gino.

A moment later, he stood up and walked over to him.

   Without even a warning to anyone, he slapped him.

Gino groggily opened his eyes and shot up.

"What was that?!"

"Yeah Dad, what was that?"

Whatever it was was pretty funny.

"Jesus." Our father clutched his chest. "You scared the hell out of me. God, ever since you were a baby you stopped breathing in your sleep and every time it happened I freaked out and woke you up!"

  "So you had to slap me?!"

"It works the best!" He defended.

A small chuckle was heard from the other person who was once sleeping.

   "Is something funny?" Gino had a wild look in his eye.

"Yeah. You just got bitch slapped by a grandfather." Mercury lightly laughed to herself.

Yeah. Everyone can definitely tell she's mine.

   My brother rolled his eyes. "Hey, Satan?" He looked at me. "Get your spawn."

  "She can do or say what she wants." I shrugged. "Start a business, bake for the rest of her life, fight for her rights, fight for others rights-,"

   "Dismantle the patriarchy. " She added.

"I really don't care. I would actually prefer for her to do all of those. Especially that patriarchy one. That one's really fucked." I finished.

I really don't want her living in a world where a man's opinion is worth more than anyone else's.

"Great."

For the next eleven hours, we were all either sleeping or talking.

It wasn't the worst plane ride in the world, but we were all definitely happy when the damn thing landed.

"Oh my god. Land, finally. And it's warm here." Mercury practically ran out.

"I better get to your mother. She's probably fired at least four people." My father sighed.

"Four people? At-," I looked at my watch. "By two in the morning? Didn't she get here a couple of hours before us?"

"She works fast. I'll see you three in a few hours. Don't be late, she'll kill everyone except for Mercury."

"Don't worry, I'll go down with you guys."

"We appreciate that. Come on, let's go. Our place isn't too far from here."

"So you prefer apartments over houses? Yet you own both?"

    "Yes."

"Then why do you own both?"

"Because I like options."

"But isn't it just harder to maintain it all?"

"Not when you pay someone to do it."

"But-,"

"You must be really tired. You ask a lot of questions when you're tired." I took out the key to unlock the door.

"Is this going to be like some modern bachelor pad because I think those are-,"

    "Kid, just get inside so you can go to bed." I sighed, holding the door open for her.

   "Fine, but I won't lie to you if I think you need to redecorate the entire-," She stopped as soon as she walked in.

    It was the exact opposite of what she was worried about.

I don't enjoy bringing many people here.

     But she was a little different than everyone else.