Part II. Chapter-9

MERCURYS POV.

    I looked up from my notebook when three loud, slow knocks came upon my door.

   Before I could respond, Angelo came walking in, looking like absolutely everyone in the world had pissed him off.

     "Everything all right?" I asked as he approached my bed.

"Turn around." He grumbled.

Is he going to kill me or something?

I wanted to ask why, but I knew it was probably best if I just listened to him without any questions.

"You alright?" I asked as I shifted positions on the mattress.

He didn't respond.

"What are you-,"

My voice was cut off when the glimpse of a necklace made its way into my line of vision.

It was beautiful.

A pear shaped diamond on a simple silver chain placed itself on my neck.

"Angelo-,"

"Calm down. I'm not spoiling you. It has a purpose." He reassured as he clasped it. "It's got a tracker in it."

A tracker?

"Is something going on? Are you and another family fighting?" I asked, turning back around.

"No. But it would make me feel a hell of a lot better if you kept it on."

I knew we had both had that fear in the back of our minds.

That I would be lost again.

And that I wouldn't be found this time.

"Are you absolutely positive that I shouldn't worry?" I asked again.

"Yes I promise."

I eyed him before holding out my pinky.

True to Angelo fashion, he shook his head and sighed before wrapping his own around mine.

My nerves had gotten the best of me.

I had to get off of the bed to be able to jump up and wrap my arms around him.

Damn his height.

Actually, damn my height.

I felt him relax as I crushed him in a hug.

It was incredibly interesting hugging him.

I had only really gotten this feeling while hugging my mother.

I guess it was a parental thing.

It was comfort.

To literally anyone else, Angelo probably looked like some scary CEO that could control anything and anyone at the drop of a hat.

But to me, he looked like Angelo.

And I'm not talking about the man that would kill anything or anyone he had an issue with.

Not the man who didn't have any feelings or emotion towards many people.

The man I was talking about, was my Angelo.

I've heard many people call him a monster.

But he was different in my eyes.