Chapter-27

THIRD PERSONS POV.

Anger is strange.

It makes us laugh.

It makes us cry.

And in some odd cases, people kill.

Angelo had just made it into the formal dining room.

A perfect and elegantly set table stood in the middle of it, giving off an eerie feeling.

Looking as if the people who sat at it were stuck in time.

It looked too perfect.

"Boss, come take a look at this." One of his men whispered.

He gave a once over to the room before approaching his security.

In his hand, was a glass from the table.

Not just a normal, wine glass. But a glass with a device at the bottom of it.

"What the hell?" Angelo muttered to himself as he took it in his hands.

"It was at the head of the table.

"What the fuck is-,"

And then it dawned on him.

"Get dow-," the warning was left unfinished as bullets riddled and rang within the room.

Above stood armed Marino men at the ready.

A bullet bounced off of a plate, sending a gleam of light out before imbedding itself into Angelos arm.

"Shit." He hissed as he got down under the table.

"Back up!" One of the men yelled into his earpiece.

"Boss, you good?"

"I'll be better once this shit gets taken care of." He groaned as he lifted his gun up, holding it steady as he took out one of the shooters.

Soon enough, every bullet had ceased. The more men on Angelos side that came in, the faster the Marino men left.

"We can finish this up. We know you want to be with her." One offered as he and Angelo finished searching a room for any sign of Warren.

"Normally, I would say yes. But I'm not fucking leaving until I get ten minutes alone with him." He muttered as he readied himself for another fight as they quietly approached a different room.

This made the other chuckle.

"What the fuck is funny?" Angelo snapped.

His arm hurt, and he wanted to leave as soon as possible. Could you blame him?

"S-sorry sir. It's just that we aren't used to seeing you care about the people you kill." He quickly sobered.

"I don't care about him. I care about making sure he's dead." His face darkened.

The man was speechless.