Part II. Chapter-23

MERCURYS POV.

I never even touched my bed.

I just spent a while pacing.

What if he did kill Angelo? I wouldn't have any other parent to live with.

There was very obviously a lot on my mind.

Angelo was literally the only parent I could depend on.

He didn't put me through an abusive situation, he didn't lie, and he didn't fake his death.

It's sad that that's what constitutes proper parenting for me.

I continued pacing my room, trying my best to work my thoughts out.

Even though it probably wouldn't work in my favor.

Luckily, my door opened again.

"Five minutes, then bed."

Thank god.

"Did you kill him? What happens if he would have killed you? Was he being forced to do it? If he would have killed you, would that mean I would have to kill him? Is that a mafia rule or something?" A million questions came pouring out as I walked past him, and down the hall to his room.

"Ok, one question at a time please." He turned the light on and took off his suit jacket.

"Fine, fine," I attempted to compose myself again as I sat on his bed. "Did you kill him?"

"No."

"No?"

"No, believe it or not."

I was totally expecting a completely different answer.

"Ew, don't do that in front of me." I said as soon as he started unbuttoning his shirt, completely sidetracking my previous issues.

"You'll live."

"Oh my god, no I won't." I covered my eyes.

Ew ew ew ew ew.

"You do realize who you are half of right?"

"That doesn't mean I like seeing you not fully clothed."

"It's literally a shirt."

"Naked enough for me."

"Honestly I never thought I would know a girl who genuinely did not like seeing me without a shirt on."

"Angelo!"

"Alright, calm down." He chuckled. "It's pretty funny when you're grossed out, to be completely honest with you."

"I'm glad my pain gives you amusement." I sighed sarcastically, still covering my eyes.

"Me too. I've got a different shirt on now, so stop offending me by covering your eyes."

"From what information you just unleashed on me, your ego is far from bruised." I shuddered.

    "Do you want me to lie to you?" He shrugged.

   "Yes please."

"Alright fine." He sat down next to me, and pulled me into him. "Nobody thinks I look like a Roman god."

     "Thank you. I appreciate that a lot." I groaned.

   "Yeah, I figured." He chuckled. "Your five minutes are up."

Though I was far from wanting this conversation to be over, I knew that it was smart to just try to sleep for the night.

"Are you going to let me go?" He hadn't yet pulled me back from his side.

      "Eventually? Yeah. Now? Still haven't decided."

    "It's because I'm the best, I know. Just say it."

     "Cocky little thing aren't you?"

"Take a look at how my father acts, and then talk to me about-," A large hand covered my mouth.

    "Don't get yourself grounded."

   How the hell do I keep getting stuck with this job?

    Anytime someone was working out in or around the house, I was always in charge of breakfast for everyone.

    The people working out weren't small people either.

They worked for the Lesca family, so they were scary and protein hungry.

    "Hey," I heard a knock as I finished stacking pieces of toast on a plate.

    In walked in Violet.

They know they aren't allowed in here.

   "What the hell are you here for now?" I waisted no time.

    She cleared her throat.

"My father wanted me to talk to yours."

Oh god.

"For?"

"He wants me to apologize ok?" She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

She didn't look like she actually wanted to do it.

     Which was why I actually believed her.

"He'll be back any minute. He won't be happy though."

   "That's obviously why-,"

Loud, deep voices were heard all the way from the living room.

   They're back.

"Don't flirt with any of them." I eyed her. "I don't care if you just turned eighteen, these people are my family, and, honestly, I don't like you, so I'd rather not keep you around." I snapped.

   Nick literally pulled a gun on my father last night, so yeah, I was pretty pissed.

   She was about to respond when the large group of men came walking in.

All of them were sweaty and gross from their workout.

But of course, Violets face flared red.

She's got a really weird type.