Chapter-23

THIRD PERSONS POV.

It takes a lot to break a man down.

Especially a man who has spent most of his life caring about himself, and himself only for the most part.

  Think of it as a lion.

King of the pack.

A lion kills for many reasons. A rival could test them, or they could simply just be out for the hunt.

    It's very rare a lion would defend a close member of their family, one other than their brother or lioness.

  However, every once in a while, they'll take a liking to one of their cubs.

  And when something attacks that cub,

All fucking hell breaks loose.

  "You've got four stores around the world. One in New York, one in Monte Carlo, one in Rome, and the last one in London." Gino Lesca circled the business man.

Mr. Taylor Relli was a well known artist.

And by artist, I mean a man who pays people to build beautiful works, such as furniture, but he gets every ounce of credit.

He was in his late forties, having the family business handed down to him throughout the generations.

"Yes. What of it?" He asked nervously as he tried to shake the rags that were holding him to the chair loose.

"To keep it short and sweet, we need access to every single sell log." He shrugged.

"Absolutely not! I don't release any costumer information!" Taylor fought back.

This made Gino give him a look of pity.

There they were, standing in a huge house, arguing over a sell log.

But that wasn't the reason Gino felt bad.

He felt bad because he knew his brother was about to walk through the door.

And he was right to pity.

Slamming the door open, Angelo walked in.

Remember how lions could go crazy for their children?

Angelo hadn't just reached that point.

He went and got the fucking shirt.

From Taylor Relli's point of view, Angelo was as scary as a serial killer. And, well, he was a serial killer.

After seeing a man who was clearly not completely sane, could you blame him?

"W-what the fuck do you people want?! I've got money, is it money that you want?!" he was frantic.

   Being dragged behind Angelo, was Taylor's wife.

He pulled her over to Gino, tears streaming down her face.

   "I don't want your money." He spoke deep and evenly.

  "Then what is it?!"

Angelo was tired of hearing him scream.

So he kicked the chair down, making the back of it flush against the floor.

  "I see your wife over there is pregnant." Angelo began as he stood over the man, crossing his arms.

  This made his wife freeze.

How did he know? She was only a few weeks, and wasn't showing.

"If you didn't want people to know, you shouldn't have put the sonogram in your wallet." He explained before throwing the gray and black picture to the ground.

   "Is this what this is about? Are you some sick paparazzi?"

  "Do you see a camera?"

Silence.

  "You guys are secretive about it. You must've been trying for a while." Angelo led on.

"I don't see how-,"

"You're protective of it, are you not?"

   Relli glanced at his wife, and then at her stomach, and then back up to Angelo.

  "I suppose so."

"Good. I applaud that. We've got some mutual level of understanding." He leaned down before pushing his head to the side in a painful way.

   "Which is why I'm going to need that sell log!" He pushed down harder each second.

   Yet, he still wasn't willing to give it up just yet.

  "Damn it! Give him the damn sell log!" His wife shouted at her husband. All she wanted was for the two handsome strangers to leave.

   "We will lose everything if I do!"

"I told you I'm not in this for money."

   "Yeah right. If it's between either me or my entire families life that has to go, I choose myself!"

    "Remember that kid in your wife we were just talking about?"

  "Y-Yes!" The pain was getting stronger.

"I'm doing this for my own." This made Relli look up.

  "This fucking psycho has another one of him running around?"

Angelo seemed to be able to read his mind, so he nodded his head.

  "I told you we had a mutual understanding. Give me the information I need. You will not lose anything. You have my word."

   Relli stayed silent for a few more moments.

"Fine. Let me out of this chair. They are in my office and I'm the only one who knows the pin." He bartered for his freedom.

   "You know, I've been craving avocado like crazy." Mrs. Relli attempted to make small talk with Angelo as Gino and her husband retrieved the log from the upstairs office.

  Angelo, of course, didn't say anything.

But, she was a pregnant woman with a younger man, she couldn't help but talk.

  "I'm hoping for a girl, but apparently having a boy would be better for the business." She continued as she rubbed her stomach.

  One thing about Angelo, was that he thought that people who believed men were stronger than women, were unbelievably stupid.

  So this topic he actually responded to.

"Tell him it doesn't matter." He spoke shortly.

  She was surprised, but continued.

"Do you have a son or daughter?" She grew curious.

   "Daughter." He was short again.

"I went to some specialist. They told me that it's a girl according to some weird urban tale or something."

   Silence again.

"Do you- do you have any tips? Having a girl yourself? I was an only child so..." she carried on.

  Angelo felt a small amount of guilt for waking up a pregnant woman, but he knew it had to be done.

So he gave her the benefit of the doubt.

  "The most I can tell you is that there's a good chance she can be your complete opposite, yet be a complete mirror of yourself at the same time."

   Mrs. Relli was intrigued, but held back any more question, mostly because her husband walked back in.

  "Thank god." Angelo thought as he stood up.

In his hand, Gino was holding a flash drive labeled "Receipts."

     They were a step closer.