Part II. Chapter-27

MERCURYS POV.

Italy.

Italy?

The place I was taken to? The place where I almost died? The place where my life was ruined for the thousandth time?

My mother was in Italy.

"Why are they there?" I looked at Angelo.

"My guess? They're trying to find someone new to help them. Or they're trying to find the head of the family they owe."

   "Wait!" Penelope stood up. "This is obviously a blessing in disguise! We can take those pictures in Italy!"

Going back to Italy this soon had never crossed my mind.

   I don't even know if I'm ready to go back.

Angelo seemed to have the same thoughts on the situation as I did.

    "Mom, I don't know."

The look in her eyes changed. "Please? We haven't seen our family there in a long time. They'd love to meet Mercury."

   Angelo looked back at me.

I don't want to ruin anyone's day.

   Maybe I'm just overwhelmed. I'll get over it.

I think.

    I slowly nodded. "Sure."

I didn't know for sure if I would regret the decision or not, but the look on my grandmothers face and the excitement that lit up her eyes was enough for me to at least know that I should regret it yet.

"Oh my god. Oh my god! I need to call people! Start packing, I'll let you know when we can fly out!" She rushed her commands before grabbing Gio.

He had a look on his face that said 'I love her, but I don't want to do this.'

"Good luck." We all mouthed to him.

Even though I'm pretty sure we'll all need it.

I looked up from the pile of clothes when I heard a knock at my door.

I had just been sitting there, looking at it instead of packing it for an hour.

Gosh Mer.

"Yes?"

The door opened. "How are you feeling?"

I shrugged, looking down and finally grabbing a shirt to fold. "Like every wall possible is closing in."

"I apologize, you got that from me." Angelo grabbed another shirt and began to fold it.

"No way. You're Angelo. The Lesca. You're like a deity to half of the people around here."

"Is that it?"

"No. You're also a Leo."

"Oh boy. Don't start with that star stuff again."

"Don't act like it doesn't matter, because it does."

"Alright, alright." He sighed. "You can say it matters. Anyways, I hope your not too anxious about being in Italy."

"It's a mix of both that and, you know, the other people." I answered truthfully.

"I'm honestly not sure about anything concerning them, but I do know that you shouldn't be worried about Italy. Why didn't you get a hoodie out?" He dropped what he was folding and walked over to my closet.

"Isn't it warm there?"

"Yes, but you turn blue every time the fridge is opened."

I can't disagree with him there.

"Anyways," he walked back over to my bed, setting down a light grey jacket and a hoodie I stole from him not too long ago. "When did you even get this?"

"I see an open closet, I happen to be cold, things happen." I shrugged.

"Right. And you couldn't take one of your own hoodies?"

"Could have? Yes. Did I? No."

"Just admit you like my clothes more."

"Fine, but only because they're bigger and I like how they smell, not because they're yours." I crossed my arms. "So pull that ego back down."

It's not my fault that he smells like sage and pine. It's an incredibly comforting mixture.

"You're welcome. As I was saying, you're Italian, you're literally built to love that country. Definitely not something to freak out about."

"I know I'm supposed to enjoy it. But it's just- the only time I've ever been there was with him."

"I know it was hell. Trust me. But there's no one there you need to be afraid of."

I really hope he's right.

"You're sure he's gone right? Like never coming back? You didn't just scare him off?"

"Remember what I said last time?" He eyed me.

Right.

"That you wouldn't tell me what happened." I sighed. "I'm just worried all of us are going to go through that again."

Angelo looked at me for a few moments longer.

"You know that I'm not really a good person, right?"

"Only to the bad people."

"Exactly. Imagine what I did when I finally got my hands on him. He's not coming back, I promise."

He's Angelo. He doesn't lie.

Not to me at least.

"So you're really never going to tell me?"

"No. I'm not."

Damn.

"That being said," he bent down and kissed my cheek, "go to bed. We have a long flight tomorrow."

Gosh. Angelo could never be denied by his mother, I'll tell you that.

"What is up with everyone choosing that exact spot?" I asked, wiping off the side of my face.

It's like they have a radar.

"Don't wipe away my affection." He began to leave the room.

"And you have a dimple right there. No one can help themselves." He called over his shoulder.

You know what?

That makes sense.