Part II. Chapter-19

MERCURYS POV.

Gino had made it very clear that he didn't want to be near Angelo for the remainder of the grocery shopping.

    "Gino, he's not going to kill you while we are in public." I reminded him after he shoved me in between him and his brother as we walked out of the store.

    "You don't know that." They both said at the same time.

Can't take them anywhere. Can't not take them everywhere.

Boys.

"Oh my god." I gasped audibly, interrupting putting the bags in the trunk.

"Jesus, what?" Angelo asked. 

"Look at that dog! Oh my god, Angelo-,"

"No."

I'll wear him down.

An old man and his gray pit bull were walking past us.

    "Excuse me? Hey, can I put your dog?" I couldn't help myself.

   The old man smiled. "Of course! He'd love that."

     Yes!

"Mercury-,"

"You can't stop me. Come here boy!" I reached down, eager to pet the cutest thing I had ever seen.

    "I don't know why I try." I could feel Angelo rolling his eyes.

  "He's so sweet." I looked up at his owner.

"He was apart of a dog fighting ring. It took him a long time to like people." He reached down and scratched behind the dogs ear.

   "That's terrible! How could someone do that do this sweet little guy?" His tail wagged excitedly as if he knew we were talking about him.

   I guess he's smart too.

"Are any of  you interested in adopting?" The man looked up to Angelo and Gino.

"No."

"Yes. Don't listen to him. He doesn't know what he's talking about."

   "Would you like a card?" The man chuckled. "My wife and I own a shelter."

   "Yes please. Angelo, take his card, my hands are busy." I ordered as I continued to smother the dog.

    "God help me." he muttered before taking the small white card. "Believe it or not, I happen to be the parent."

   "We'll definitely have to give you guys a call." I ignored Angelo as I stood up.

    "We'd love that. Come on boy, we've got to get you a new bone." He lightly tugged the dogs leash before walking away.

"Ange-,"

"No." He put the white card between his lips before continuing to put the groceries in the trunk.

"But-,"

"I'm not changing my mind on this one."

"Come on, they're rescues!"

"Give me that card." Gino grabbed it from his brothers mouth. "I might want something to keep you away from me. A guard dog if you will."

"Ginos allowed to get one?"

"Gino can't even take care of a plant. Or himself, for that matter."