Part II. Chapter-17

MERCURYS POV.

     "Care to mention where you found her?" Angelo asked as he looked at Gino and Violet.

    "Some bus station near their restaurant. I guess she tried just making a run for it." He yawned before walking over to the coffee maker, grabbing a mug before filling it very high with coffee.

    Violet kept her arms crossed and her head down.

    "Violet! Where the hell have you been?!" Nick ran into the kitchen, his fiancée following behind.

Great. All of them are in here.

   "She tried to run away." Angelo answered plainly.

    "What were you thinking?" My mother questioned.

   Do they have to do this in here?

"I want a life." Violet shrugged. "I don't want to get told what to do anymore. I'm almost eighteen."

     "That wouldn't be an issue if you didn't owe seven figures." Angelo responded to her reasoning.

      Nicks eyes snapped up to look at him.

"You have no idea what it's like to be scared for your life, do you?"

   "Excuse me?"

Oh boy.

   "You've never had to actually fear something. Not all of us have that leg up in life, so can you respect that?"

   You would think he would know by now that asking Angelo questions almost never ends well for him.

  "Gino, take Violet back to where they are staying."

     "Let's go Miss. Runaway." Gino chugged what was left in his mug before making their way outside.

    "Mercury, upstairs please." Angelo looked at me.

Ah man. Again? I'm losing weight from going up an down these stairs.

ANGELOS POV.

      "What makes you think I've never felt fear before?" I eyed the two.

"The fact that you're usually the one to cause the fear is a good enough reason for me."

   I think I'll take that as a compliment.

"You mistake me for someone who isn't human." I rolled my eyes.

    "Right. Face it. You don't know what it's like to be scared. You don't know what it is like to care about someone so deeply, that you're willing to endure this hell for." His voice raised a bit at the end. "Do you think I like that you had to drag back my daughter? She's stuck here, and I can't do anything about it because it could get one of us killed. If you didn't know, that is what fear is!"

    What the fuck?

"Well," I sighed. "I guess it's time for you to learn what happened to my daughter almost two months ago."

"What happened to Mercury?" Adaline asked quickly. "Is she ok?"

Could've all been avoided.

"Your last husband took her."

She was literally the cause of all of this.

"What-,"