Chapter-1

"Ugh." I groaned as I heard the repeated knocking at my door.
Soon, it stopped.

Grazie dio.

But the knock was to be heard, yet again.

"Mr. Lesca?" Whoever was at the door asked.

That woke me up.

No one, but the family knows my true name.

I grabbed my gun from under my pillow and tucked it in my waistband as I made my way through the large, modern apartment.

The knocking hadn't stopped, and that was pissing me off more.

I slowly opened the door after unlocking it, reaching and grabbing my gun at the same time.

I withdrew the gun and put it to the head of the person at my door.

She was a young girl. She had to have been like sixteen.

Her dark, big, almond shaped eyes slightly widened as the cold metal touched her.

Her curls were waist length, and her skin tone like mine.

It was also then I noticed that she was soaking wet.

"Listen kid, here's what's about to happen. You're going to come inside. You're going to tell me why you're here. And then I'll decide wether I should keep you breathing or not."

She nodded as I pulled her in, shutting the door behind her.

"You have about twenty five seconds to tell me who you are, and who sent you. Twenty five." I started.

"Listen Mr. Lesca, I know that you're in the mafia. I was told you could help me." She sounded nervous.

She's not helping her case.

"Fifteen."

"I know you're the leader."

"Ten." I said as I cocked the gun.

"I'm your daughter."

I froze.

"Bullshit."

"My mother was Adaline."

It was that name.

It had caused so much happiness and grief for as long as I had known it.

But, I could see it now.

She looked just like her.

"How do I know you're telling the truth kid? I haven't seen her since we were in high school." I pressed the gun closer to her head.

"You and her were fifteen you met. After you told her that you were next in line as capo, she left. She had me right before she turned seventeen."

Shit.

"Then why are you here? Does she even know where you are?"

"Do you mind removing the gun from my head?" She chuckled emotionlessly.

I hesitantly removed it, but roughly grabbed her arm and led her to the couch.

I grabbed the bottle of scotch on the table between us and poured myself a drink.

"Scotch?" I offered.

"I'm fifteen."

"More for me then."

She watched me as I downed the glass.

"Why were you told that I could help you?" I questioned.

"Moms ex-husband is coming after me."

"Why isn't he going after your mother? More importantly, how are you sure I'm your father?"

I don't recall when I could have gotten Adaline pregnant. I mean, yeah there were times, but it couldn't have been me.

"Moms dead. He killed her. He put a bullet in her chest, and one in my shoulder."

Adaline is dead?

"And what? You expect me to take you in? Help you?" I acted as if it meant nothing to me.

"I don't need you to take me in. I need you to take him down. I'm the only living person who knows about his mafia clan."

"And you still expect me to help you?"

"He's a Marino."

I gritted my teeth.

The Marino's and The Lescas had a treaty for years.

It would be a shame for it to be ended.

"Damn it kid." I groaned.

I took a minute to center myself before looking at the young girl, who was still dripping wet.

Her long hair seemed to be making it worse.

It pained me to look at her, because deep down, very deep down, I knew she had some of me in her. That, and I saw the love of my life in her.

The woman who I had had countless people try to make me forget about her.

I was just too stubborn to admit it.

I need to know if she's mine or not, and then I'll make a decision.

"What's your name kid? Assuming, you already know mine."

"Yes, Angelo, I do know your name. Mom never stopped talking about you, you know."

And I never stopped thinking of her.

She paused before continuing.

"My names Mercury by the way. Weird, I know, but mom said you had something to do with it."

I sat there frozen, until she spoke again.

Yeah, I had something to do with it.

"You don't happen to have a spare towel, do you?"