CHAPTER FIFTEEN

A/N : FOR ALL OF YOU WHO VOTED FOR A FASTER UPDATE
LOVE YOU GUYS N I'M NOT THAT EVIL. EVEN IF I WOULD GET ONE VOTE I WOULD HAVE UPDATED XD  IT WAS JUST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU GUYS LOVE ME. 

                FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T VOTE I AM GOING TO LEAVE THIS AT A CLIFFHANGER
MUHUAHUA!

XOXO
WaVeSSS

                ******************

SATURDAY MORNING.

               The lasagna I made was baking in the oven and there were a couple of mice parading  in my stomach.

                Impatiently tapping my foot and glaring at the clock in the kitchen willing it to move faster. If only I had Harry Potter's elder wand or maybe even Ron's. Who cares as long as you can weave some magic out of a stick. I would have baked it in an instant. 

             The oven pinged indicating that the lasagna was eatable, running towards it as fast as I can. I forgot that I had no mittens over my hands.

I yelped as the heat of the oven proof glass rectangular baking tray penetrated my hand.

               Freaking strawberries! cursing myself I put on some mittens and kept the baking tray upon a cooling mat.

                Pulling out a plate out of the cabinet I cut out a slice of the delicious smelling lasagna and placed it upon my plate.

              The kitchen was filled with it's aroma. If only dad was here to finish it in an instant.  He loved my cooking more than anything else, so much that he chose my food over any restaraunt's. 

         My eyes were closed as I enjoyed my home-made lasagna. Not that I didn't like the food that the chef made here but it was more like eating at a hotel everyday and I was growing tired of it. 

      "May I join you? I'm hungry" Omar exclaimed as he entered the kitchen. He looked tired, Must have been a rough day for him. The bags under his eyes told so.

     "As salamun alaikum,sure. Help yourself." I said as I waved to the seat opposite me. Omar was going to taste my food for the first time and it made me apprehensive.I was nervous about what he would think about it.

        The every night beverages were not counted. It had become a habit of ours to drink hot chocolate everynight together, except for the times Omar was abroad and I drank it alone.

         He took a bite out of the lasagna and his eyebrows scrunched up. I wringed my hands out of nervousness. He chew it slowly then he broke into a million dollar smile.

"This is very good. Why haven't I ordered Ahmed to make this before?" He said with a smile,still chewing little by little.

"Who's Ahmed?" I inquired.

"Our chef." He said simply.

             He must have mistaken that the chef had made this dish.

"mmm.... It was I who made it" I mumbled nervously.

"You?" He looked at me like he did not believe it.

"Wow, This is amazing. I didn't know you cooked so well. But why did you not tell the chef?"

"Thank you. I just like to cook myself. I love cooking ,And I want home made food."  I explained.

           After a while he started to laugh and I looked at him confused.

"Ahmed will be offended Amna. He was plucked out of a seven star hotel to cook for me you know." He said still guffawing.

           I scrunched up my nose "Why do you need a seven star hotel chef to cook for you?" I was genuinely curious. This guy was so surprising.

"I just liked his food and convinced him to work for me. He agreed coz I was willing to pay him double his pay." I widened my eyes in disbelief. This guy was crazy.

        "So many poor kids can be fed in that money." I muttered silently.

He sat silent for a while, chewing on his food- in his own thoughts. 

         His face brightened with a smile again. " Why don't you make plans for an orphanage? I will pay for all you need and you can be the head architect. I will search for a suitable place right away. You get ready with the blue prints."

          My eyes widened in disbelief. He could plan to make an orphanage in a few minutes? Wow how rich was this guy exactly?

"Sure..." I stuttered "I would love to."

               So much for happiness and pain. This guy could make or ruin anyone's life with so much power in his hand. Right now he was ordering someone on his phone to find a suitable land.

            This guy was so surprising and so impressive.Sometimes it was unbelievable.

           I couldn't help but feel proud that he was my husband. Inspite of all he had done to me, He was an amazing man. Full of surprises and what he had done in the past was all long forgotten.

           He even trusted me on this project. I still couldn't get my head around this idea.  I thought Arab men were reserved. Who didn't want their woman out of their houses. I was wrong...  Omar.... He was one of a kind . I couldn't help the stupid grin that was plastered on my face.

This guy amazed me.

             *********************

         I glanced at myself in the mirror one last time. It was forty five minutes past seven and I had fifteen minutes left. I smiled at Anna who had helped me get ready.

       I looked at the subtle peach maxi I was wearing with a matching hijab. Ornaments adorned on me. The stillitoes making me feel awkward. I was more comfortable wearing vans.

          I had applied nothing more than a liner and lipstick, but I was finally satisfied the way I looked. It was the first date of my life and what made it even more better was that I was getting to know more about Omar. I was dating my husband.

Halal dating.... There were a gazillion dragons trampeding in my stomach.

              I slowly made way to the front porch where I was informed that Omar would be waiting for me.

My heart beat a little faster as I saw him dressed in a  casual button down shirt with faded jeans. His sleeves rolled up revealing his muscles.

          As soon as I entered the area His eyes lighted up , The killer smile that I always spoke about revealing his dimples.

       No words were exchanged between us. Just comfortable silence.

He offered his hand to support me and I willingly took it. He gently turned me around and tied a piece of cloth on my eyes.

         Where was he taking me for our date? The dragons in the pit of my stomach were going crazy.

         He dragged me along with him. Me walking uncomfortably on my heels. Omar must have felt my discomfort has he slid the stilettoes of my feet and I could feel the sand on my feet. We were definitely at the beach. I was grateful to Omar for removing those heels that were killing me.

            He lead me up a couple of stairs and finally removed my blindfold.

My eyes widened in disbelief.

         It was a freaking cruise decorated with fairy lights!

           ***********************