CHAPTER ONE

Edited by h00dies

  Life never goes according to plan, it always plays its own role and throws upon us situations we never asked for. Twists and turns are all a part of living and one such story is of Omar and Amna..... Let me tell you one amazing story , of romance, hatred and compromise.....

                ****************

Amna's mother POV

          After all the hustle in the kitchen preparing breakfast, I ran up to my only daughters room. It was past eight, yet she was slumped in her bed, her comforter covered her face while her hand dangled outside the comforter revealing pretty manicured nails, she was never a fan of nailpolishes. I grinned, she has been raised up well Alhumdulillah. Slowly I tried to pull the comforter of her face but all I heard was a groan as she pulled the comforter tighter around her face and turned on her other side, covering her ear with a pillow, I sighed, this was our daily routine . This girl was twenty-one yet far from growing up, with a little more force I finally yanked the comforter off my little kitten.

  Her curly blonde shiny hair was stuck out in different directions, half her hair framed her delicate strawberry shaped face while the other half of her face was still covered by the comforter, what was I going to do with this girl? I was about to give up and leave her room to let her sleep in, when I felt her grab hold of my hand as she opened one of her almond shaped sea blue eyes and winked at me.

"Salamun alaikum mother, were you gonna give up on me?" she questioned raising one of her beautifully arched eyebrows. She looked like an angel. My pride, my beautiful daughter.

             I sat down on the bed beside her as I kissed her on her forehead, she never started a day without my kiss. I think I may have spoilt her a little but to me- she was a gem, I was lucky to get a daughter like her who never caused me any trouble even in her teenage years, she had always been a sober child full of understanding, her idea of fun have always been under the limits, there was never any complaint about her. Though I knew as a mother that she had a pretty huge ego, most of the time she tries to control herself, but when she does, she ends up lashing out on anyone, it isn't a pretty sight .

     After ordering her to get ready I went down to the kitchen to complete the rest of the work, a mother's work never ends, even when children grow up!

              *****************

Amna's POV

      With a quick pin up of my hijab I bounced down into the kitchen. Grabbing a glass from the table, I opened the fridge and poured apple juice, kicking the fridge door close with my heel, when I saw my mother giving me a glare," How many times have I told you Amna that it is not decent for a girl to behave the way you do!"

" Sorry?" I faced her with my best innocent kitten eyes, my mom rolled her eyes and continued on with her work," So, what are your plans for today Amna?"  hmm.... that's a first .

" Mom I was thinking about going to Daddy's office and see if he has some work for me."

   My mom nodded giving  me permission. I may be twenty-one but my mom still treated me like a five year old, I am not complaining though.
   After finishing with breakfast I headed to my car, throwing my sachtel into the back seat I started my sedan as I cruised to my destination in the beautiful and serene streets of London.

   In exactly twenty minutes or so I arrived at my fathers construction company, with a few greetings, I entered the elevator until I reached my fathers office on the fifth floor.

      I could see him through the glass as he sat busy conversing with someone on his mobile phone. I gently knocked on the door before entering, a huge smile graced his face as he saw me walk in. I went on his side of the table and gave him a quick peck on his forehead and sat on the chair in front of him as  I patiently waited for him to end the call and give me - his Princess - his undivided attention.

  A while later my Dad grudgingly agreed to give me a job as an architect designer in his company, not that he didn't want me to work but he didn't understand why I wanted to work.  I had a  comfortable life, you may call my Dad old fashioned but in reality he was only a very concerned father who only had my best interest in his heart.

  With a smug smile I left his office only to return the next day as an employee!

         ********************

Omar's POV

   I sat in my limousine bored as my P.A. ran me through stuff I had to do today.  Could a man never get off from work?

   I had come to London on a holiday but my father had called me as soon as I landed at the airport, my P.A. had taken my father's orders and was now informing me of those very orders.

  I sighed as I looked out of the heavily shielded window , people walked to their destinations calmly. I don't know why but I always felt calm whenever I visited London, it felt like time had stood still letting me do as I will, though it wasn't so!

  Our limo stopped in front of a small six storey building named 'Sadaf construction company' as I got off the car and headed inside with my P.A tagging behind me, I felt a sudden tug in my heart, as I looked into the glass office my heart skipped a beat and it was then that I - Omar Abdullah - first spotted her, the girl I had been looking for.

In that instant I knew that whatever it would take in the world, I would make her mine!

           *****************

           EDITED