PART TWO- CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Dubai mourns the death of Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammad bin Rashid Al Makhtoum.

May Allah be pleased with him, forgive him his sins and grant him a place in Jannah.

Ameen.

****************

I just want to thank all my readers all over the world for supporting me all through MTAS. I've had awesome readers of all religions and it gives me immense happiness to see you enjoy reading MTAS. My love to all. Sadly MTAS will soon be coming to an end. Just a chap ans epilogue left. I hope you enjoyed this journey too. I don't know all of you personally but I love you all the same because of all the love you have given me and my book. hope you take your the time to read all my other books too. Thank you so much and I love all of you.

XOXO
Fatima=)

I woke up to the sound of beeps, I was in an all white room and the smell of medicines over whelmed me.

I looked at the monitor which was keeping tab of my heartbeat. An IV was inserted in my hand. I was at the hospital. Maya must have gotten me here. God bless the girl she had gone through so much for my sake.

I looked blankly at the walls as I tried to focus on everything that had happened in my life. All its up and downs. I had gone through a lot buy God then gave me Ashàr to brighten up my gloomy world and I realised I didn't regret any decision I had ever made.

I couldn't forgive Omar, I don't know if I ever could possibly but I realised that my son didn't know what a fathers love and security was. He needed a chance at that. He needed a chance at a different kind of love and maybe, just maybe Ashàr was what Omar needed to find himself. Ashàr taught me the meaning of selflessness and loving unconditionally, Maybe he could teach Omar the meaning of love and selflessness too...

Even though Omar was one of the richest man on Earth there still couldn't be a more poorer man on this planet. The man had lost everything. On the contrary I had Ashàr.... I was the richest woman on this planet and I am not talking about the pounds or dollars. There is more to life than money. Money did quench or unsatiable love for luxuries but all the money on this Earth couldn't make every human happy.

It were the simple things that bought a man happiness. The joy of being called a mother was one of them and now I had to help Omar achieve that. He needed Ashàr more than Ashàr needed him. It is sometimes the younger ones who teach us the most important lessons in our life and it was now time for Omar to learn them too.

I rung the bell to call assistance. When the nurse did come in I asked her for my discharge papers.

The woman ran to bring the doctor who was in charge of me and I waited patiently.

The doctor came in a while later looking at me confused.

"You do understand we won't be responsible if something happens to you right? You do know you need to be strictly under rest?"

"I understand but I need to leave now."

"You will need to sign discharge papers but it will be discharge against medical advice."

I nodded my head agreeing to sign the papers.

Maya must either be at my house or at hers with Ashàr.

I looked at the watch in my room which read it was eleven p.m. I sold out of my room and grabbed the bag that Maya had left for me which thankfully had my wallet in it as well.
I took a taxi home and made my way to Ashàr's room. There next to Maya lay Ashàr comfortably asleep. A little smile placed on his lips. I looked at him for a couple of minutes before I made my way to my room.

I took out Ashàr's car shaped suitcase and filled his clothes in them. I also put inside another carry all a wad of cash along with his passport, his medicines and every thing he needed. I placed an album of ours in it as well.
I made my way to my office room where I completed my projects.

I first sent a mail to my company informing them that I was resigning due to an emergency. Hoping that they wouldn't sue me for not informing them two months prior the way a professional should.

Next I typed a mail to Omar.

I looked at my notebook trying to type all that I wanted to say..... It felt weird but I knew what I was doing was right.

I needed time.

And I didn't need to face my conscience and change my mind.

Omar,

I don't know where I should begin. You must be surprised to see my mail, I am surprised at myself for writing this. But somethings are necessary in life.

I won't write to make you feel guilty Omar, I won't write anymore about all that I suffered coz I know that you already know.

The love I once had for you was true and I would never deny it, they were one of the best days of my life till it all went down hill. I just want you to know that I never regret marrying you because I was blessed with a wonderful gift. You gave me Ashàr who taught me to live again. My Ashàr is my everything. Ashàr taught me to love again Omar, he taught me to be selfless and now I want you to learn that.

You missed out on his parenthood, I hope that this time you will learn to love Ashàr more than yourself.

I leave Ashàr in your care Omar. I'm leaving him with you because Ashàr deserves your love. He needs a father in his life. He needs to know his father and God is giving you a chance. Take good care of him and look after him like the most precious thing in the world which he is.

I kept your memories alive in his mind all these years Omar now I hope you will do the same for me.

You asked me for forgiveness Omar. I am sorry that my heart is not that big anymore. Maybe I will someday, maybe I won't. I don't know. I hope someday I do.

When I do, I will come home. I hope you will leave me alone and try not to find me because I need to heal. I need to find myself. I need to do this for myself and Ashàr. Maybe someday we can be together.... maybe not.The future is undecided for now but our future may someday be clear.

Tell Ashàr that he is my everything.

Till we meet again,
Amna.

Before I could think twice I clicked on the send icon and closed my laptop.

I packed it in my laptop.

I wrote the savings bank details of Ashàr's account and put it in his bag too.

Then I started packing mine.

After one hour I placed Ashàr's baggage in his room. I kissed Ashàr on his cheek and looked at him for a few seconds.

I kept a letter beside Maya explaining her about my situation and asking her one last help, for one last time. To drop Ashàr at Omar's place.

I quietly left the room before I could think again and speak myself into staying back.

I grabbed my luggage and entered the airport taxi which was waiting for me outside.

As the New York air drifted through the windows so did the tears in my eyes.

It was time to let go, It was time to heal.