CHAPTER ELEVEN

I woke up to a screeching sound, maybe it was just an owl hooting.

Exhausted I had laid my head on a flat rock to quickly be consumed by sleep. I had no idea what time it was, all I knew was that it was eerily dark. The creepy forest was dimly lit by the moonlight making it even more scary than it already was.

Every little noise made me jump. I was terrified of this place and even more of the reptiles it may have. Shuddering at the thought I looked around. Trees, trees and.. even more trees. 

  The peace of the forest was once in a while disrupted by different kinds of noises echoing through the forest, making it even more creepy. I could hear people talking at the distance. They could be a search party if Omar had noticed my disappearance.

I wanted to shout to attract their attention but no noise came out. I slowly trudged towards the direction of the lights and the voices, when something slithered from the tree a few steps away from me. It was what I feared most. The reptile I hated the most. A snake hung from the branch and a shout escaped my lips. I didn't know whether it was venomous or not but I covered my face with my hands. A stinging pain surged through my left wrist.

Blood oozed from where the snake had bit. I watched the detested reptile as it fell and slithered away on the ground. Likely to find a new victim. I wasn't sure if it was venomous but my hand was going numb and blue little by little.

The shock overwhelmed me.

I shouted for help again as vertigo hit me and I slumped to the ground, my eyes shut taking me to a land filled with darkness.

               ********************

I woke up on my comfortable bed. As  the images of the night's memories hit me, my eyes gazed at my wrist which had been bitten by the snake. My hand had started to go back to normal and the bite mark was wrapped up with gauze.

My eyes traveled around the room and found a brunette dressed in a nurse uniform reading a magazine. I grabbed her attention as I tried to sit. She hurried towards me and inquired about my health. Thrusting an automatic thermometer  inside my mouth, she waited for it to beep.

Her lips formed a frown as she read the temperature shaking her head in worry. 103 degrees. She hurried out of the bedroom and as soon as she went out a very worried looking Omar came into the room and sat down beside me.

        His face was etched with worry and his eyes sunk into his sockets. He clearly needed rest. He scanned my face checking for injuries. Cupping my face in his hands he gently kissed my forehead. I inwardly smiled at the way he showed his affection. It was clear that he was dead worried about me.

         A few minutes of awkward silence enveloped us and we tried looking at anything else but one another. Omar's fingers gently brushed upon the gauze on my wrist.

"I thought I lost you," He spoke in an almost inaudible voice.

I looked at him with surprise evident in my eyes. He was never one to let his emotions get the best of him. 

"I'm sorry for what happened. I shouldn't have been so rude to you."

His eyes revealed his honesty. Today Omar was a guy who could easily be read. He wasn't the Omar I thought he was. Today I realized how many times Omar had apologized to me and all I did was be bitter to him.

Omar was not the egoistic jerk, but it was me who was.

I looked at him amazed as he left the room after his sudden outburst. My eyes trailing after him as he walked out of my sight.

              *********************

Edited by h00dies

OTHER BOOKS BY ME :

*BEING MUSLIMAH  (COMPLETE)

*BORN ROYAL

*LIFE ON THE WRONG TRACK

  (COMPLETE)

*DESTINED TO LOVE (COMPLETE)

*THE MUSLIM & THE POPSTAR (NEW)

* SISTERS (NEW)