CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

I would be honoured if you appreciate my work by hitting on that star/heart on the top =)

* * * * *

I woke up thirty minutes before fajr salāt and hurried to my room. I didn't want to cause chaos for my parents. If they would see me on the couch , it would lead to a million questions to which I had no answers.

I tip-toed to my room and gently closed the door behind. I slipped in and switched on the bedlamp. Omar's outline came into view. I didn't want to try the bean-bag again,yesterday's experience had been enough to keep me away from them for a while.

I placed a pillow next to Omar making a barrier in between us. I sat and leaned against the head board. I had already offered my nāfl salāt so I had a little time to beat.

I looked over Omar's side and saw him asleep open mouthed. If only he was awake. The guy would die of embarassment if anyone saw him this way. He always had to be seen so prim and proper.

I felt envious at times looking at Omar, No one had a right to look this good without any effort. He could pull off the most bizarre outfits with ease. He always looked good without even trying to.

His dark eyes depicting a whirlwind of emotions... It was like he had so much to say,So many feelings held within. His emotions.... Something I could not simply put my finger on.
It was like his eyes held certain unknown mysteries. Mysteries and amusements known to none but himself.

His locks of hair. She had wanted to touch and find out if they were as tough as they looked or contradicted it.

His lips... His five'o clock shadow which always stayed the same way.

He was perfect in every way. Obviously he made mistakes, She didn't face it but she knew Omar had anger issues. He was obsessed and stubborn but in some way for me he was perfect.

That is what love was about wasn't it? Finding your imperfect husband to be perfect?

Love? Was what I felt for Omar love? Could I have fallen for this guy who had once turned my world upside down? I had... I knew I liked him before and I knew I loved him but how do I confess it to him? But further more did he love me or was I an infatuation?

My hand moved towards Omars lock and I started to play with his hair. It wasn't as rough as it looked nor was it soft. I loved him and I didn't care if he loved me back. I knew that my smile was now connected to his...

'I love you'

The words definitely didn't leave my mouth. I sat up straigh and looked at Omar. He had grabbed my hand and held it beneath his cheek. It was pretty uncomfortable if you ask me. His shadow kept poking my palm and it was very uncomfortable especially from my position but I smiled.

His eyes suddenly fluttered open and his eyes found mine.....

'I love you Amna.' He whispered.
No comments on the bad breath though...It came with the contract when I got a husband.

He gave me those rare smiles. The genuine one. The one which was so contagious that it would make anyone smile back in return. Even Mrs.Edward who was the grumpiest woman in the neighbourhood.

I leaned closer towards him and kissed him gently on his lips.

'I love you too Omar.'

Omar shot up in bed as if he was going to face an earthquake.

'Did you just tell me.....?'

I nodded my head at him amused by his reaction.

He jumped off his side of the bed.

'You love me?' He asked half amused,half dazed.

'She just said she loved me!' He exclaimed

'Will you stop embarassing me? I did say I loved you... Get over it!' I snapped.

He looked at me with amusement dancing in his eyes.

'You are embarassed? Why?' He questioned arching his eyebrow.

'Just forget I even confessed!' I snapped as I got of the bed and tried to rush to the washroom. Omar caught hold of my wrist and pulled me towards him.

'You really are something Sheikha' He said kissing me gently on my lips. I tried to look at anything but at him. I wasn't very good at letting my feelings out in such circumstances. I never in my life thought confessing to a guy would be this awkward.Forget the butterflies all I could feel was my stomach dropping due to all the embarassment. I never knee that I would have such difficulty when it came to love.

'We are going to continue this conversation after Salāt-Al-Fajr My Queen.'

Before I could decipher his words he had rushed off to the washroom.

'Hey,I called for the washroom first!' I shouted behind him but all I got in response was a chuckle.

How was I going to try to act normal around him now that I had confessed to him?

'Where were we my love?' Omar
asked as he strode into the room.

This may have been the biggest mistake of my life. I didn't want to get all cheesy and gooey...Please save me?

'We were about to sleep' I squeaked.

Omar laughed as he sat beside me.
He looked into my eyes and held my cheek in his hand... Okeyyyyy let out the butterflies ( note : not the innocent once)

'I am your husband and there is nothing to be embarassed about confessing your feelings to anyone.
Not that you are going to confess it to anyone other than me but still.' He added with a cheeky grin.

'I just want you to know that you made me a happy man Amna. A very, very happy man.' He kissed my forehead and gathered me into his arms.

'I don't deserve a woman like you but I am one lucky man .' He said as he inhaled the scent of my hair.

'Hey did we sleep on the same bed?'
Omar questioned cheekily

'See the pillow wall' I smirked.

'I think it's time we threw the pillows aside ' Omar started to pile the pillows on their rightful placed and lay down. As I switched off the bedlamp I felt Omars hand grab my waist as he pulled me beside him and hugged me from behind.
'I think it's time.....' Omar whispered in my ear as he started to kiss me with an insane amount of passion.

*****************