PART TWO- CHAPTER NINE

This book just reached 12k. I swear it was 10k three days back. 2k votes in three days? You guys are just awesome. Thank you :)

Two weeks flew by. My so called peaceful holiday was spent in fear of losing Ashàr. After that day I hadn't heard from Omar or Edward. Omar either hadn't yet figured it out or he was making plans. If I know Omar more than himself , I believe he's out their with a lawyer making plans to snatch Ashàr away from me. The man never played fair.

As for me, All I could do now was wait and see what was going to happen. I asked help from a practical stranger but who else could I have turned to? Nobody else I knew had power to stop Omar. The only problem was Omar had a royal title whereas Edward only had money.

I doubt Edward would help me, but all I could really do was hope.

Hope that everything would be better at the end. Hope that she wouldn't be separated from her son.

All I had now was hope.

I looked at Ashàr who was sleeping soundly, his lips curled into a gentle smile. I don't want my son to be involved in this battle I had with his father.

I called in Ashàr's baby sitter and waited for her to arrive. Tiara was teenager around seventeen and Ashàr loved her to bits and had a great time with her. I had to go to office today. I had an emergency meeting I was informed an hour ago about.

I grabbed the files and cd I was working on and headed out of the door. Cruising through the busy streets I finally arrived at my Edward & Co.

I took the elevator to my floor. As soon as I stepped out of the confined space there were murmurs. Most probably, since I had never taken leave before.

"Would anyone want to share what the gossip is about?" I questioned and the whispers died down.

"I thought so..." I said as I walked into my cabin.

"Where is my cappuccino? " I asked my assistant who had her bag clutched around her hand.

" You are late." I stated calmly.

"I am so sorry Miss I didn't know you have returned. I was stuck in traffic. I had a blown tyre. I also woke up late." She continues flabbergasted.

I looked at her amused. " which one of it is the real reason?" I questioned and she pouted.

"I woke up late,I'm sorry it won't happen again." She stated.

I nodded my head and she left to grab me my cappuccino.

She ran into my room a couple of seconds later.

"Meeting in half n hour. Conference hall 2. I Forgot. I'll go get your coffee now." She panted as she ran out of the room.

The woman sure was something.

Half an hour later I entered the conference room to find everyone already seated. I was right on time , they must have come early.

I looked at Edwards who gave me a grim smile.

I didn't get a chance to see who we were having a meeting with.

"She is here gentlemen. Ms. Amna.She is the most sought after architect on this side of America. Since you wanted the best I had to keep you on hold for a few days but now we can discuss the project details if you all are willing."

I smiled at all of them. I was about to take my seat when a cold voice spoke.
"We'd rather hire someone else Mr.Edward." The familiar voice had me glued to the floor as I looked at the person who had spoken. I had no doubt as to whom that voice belonged to. I couldn't forget even in a million years if I wanted to.

The man stood up and slowly faced me. "We'd rather work with a male." He said venomously and I stood there stunned.

The same man who had once given me a huge project was today telling me that he would rather hire someone else. I had no doubt.

Only Omar could say that. I looked at him with an icy glare as he faced me. He looked taken aback but recovered.

"Forgive us Mr.Edward but we would rather work with Mr.Emanuel.He seems like a promising architect." He directed his gaze at Edward who looked taken aback. Whatever he had planned had fired back on him. What did Edward think ? That by making us work on the same project together we would suddenly fall back in love again, that we would solve our differences? Whatever his plan was had fired back.

"I take your leave then, It's been a pleasure to meet you all." I said venomously as I walked out of the room.

I walked back to my office as I tried to process what had happened. What was Edward trying to do? I had told him everything then why had he tried to pair us up?

I finally came to a conclusion that the biggest mistake I had made in my life was by telling Edward about Omar. There was no place for regret but I knew one thing at last..... I felt nothing for Omar. Nothing at all.