CHAPTER SIXTEEN

A/N :

Dedicated to @HijabiPrincess for the awesome banner on top. I absolutely love it. Thank you for always being great support to MTAS and A huge thank you to all my voters for helping me reach 2k. Im nothing without you guys. You are the best.

*****************

'If this was a dream, I would never wish to wake up.'

I held a goofy grin on my face as I looked around at the effort Omar had made. Not to mention this was my first time on a cruise ; though it wasn't moving.

The deck had been set up with a table and two chairs, Cutlery and china placed on their rightful places.

Fairy light decorated the railings and a long buffet table was set on the left side. Rose petals were sprinkled all over the deck and I didn't regret being bare-foot.

The aroma of food,roses and the sea breeze lingered in the air making me feel over-whelmed.

The tiniest of detail made me smile,The effort he must have put to pull this over. It made me feel..... Special. Like I meant something to him... That maybe, just maybe it wasn't only me falling in love with Omar.

I widened my eyes in surprise, I had finally accepted my feelings for him. I..... I was falling in love with Omar. Falling in love irrevocably and I didn't want to be helped one bit. I was liking this way I felt. The over-whelming feeling for him.

It all made sense now. My yearning for him to find me when I was lost, Missing him during mid-night beverages when he was abroad. Wanting to impress him with my cooking. Attracting his attention. Removing my hijab in front of him.

It all made sense now..... I was falling in love with Omar all along. Falling in love with his character,With his looks.... With those dimples that I adored,Bit by bit I had fallen for his charms without realising. How Our friendship slowly turned into love I didn't know but it had.

A tear fell down my cheek as my feelings over-whelmed me. I had fallen in love with the person I thought I hated.

Waves crashed, The gentle over- lapping of the sea bringing me out of my reverie. The sound of the waves was like a gentle lullaby to my ears . I looked up at Omar who was leaning on the railings, Admiring the moon.

The scene was almost picturistic. If only I could imprint it .... making a memory which could never be forgotten. The beautiful realization of love, Of the serenity of the situation.

I wanted to imprint this scene in my memory,lock it in forever.

Without making any noise I took a picture on my iphone and smiled to myself. Now I would have it with me forever. My first date with the person I loved.

Omar gestured me to join him and we gazed at the celestial bodies above us for a couple of minutes. If only I could make the time to stand still.

Omar's hand gently grazed mine and I couldn't stop the emotions from running wild within me. His one touch was all it took to make me go crazy.

He tilted my chin towards him and unwrapped my hijab. His gaze never leaving my face, not even for a second. He kissed me on my forehead just as gently as he had when the snake had bit me but this time it felt different to me. It meant the world to me. His simple gesture igniting every part of me, making me feel alive for the first time in my entire life.

I realised my life was worth living if I had Omar by my side in every second of it.

We remained silent,We didn't want to speak... To break the spell that was bound between us but our eyes spoke a million words,having a conversation of their own. I knew without him telling me that he felt the same way about me .The same feelings I felt for him were displayed in his eyes.

Coal black eyes that were deeper than any sea,Eyes that conveyed a million words. Displayed millions of emotions. Love,kindness and desire.

We helped ourselves to every cuisine served on the buffet table, Pysically we were busy eating but our minds were a million miles away. Lost in each others thoughts,a smile etched on our faces, A million words unsaid,A million words worth speaking, Millions of emotions hid in every part of us,None brave enough to tell the other. None brave enough to owe up.

A comfortable silence and peace had enveloped us. I didn't know if Omar could see through me the way I saw through his emotions , but I knew that he had realized that the way of the breeze had changed just like the way our relationship had reached another level.

This was new to me.... New to him....

A need to explore, A need to know more.

Words wanting to be said, lips afraid to speak.

Emotions making us feel uneasy yet the comfort of silence.

Would he speak? Would he express what lays beneath that tough exterior? A heart that beats like no other? The tough yet gentle man I know , better than a prince..... My knight in shining armour.

He shifted his chair near mine and I didn't need an invitation to lay my head on his shoulders. His fingers playing with my golden tresses. The comfort I felt was unspoken of. There was nothing better than to be close to a person you loved.

Our peace was broken only when Omar whispered my name.

He had stood up from his chair ,now on his knees in front of me. My heart beating a thousand beats in one minute. My breath held in... afraid the scene would change if I would let it go.

A tiffany jewellery box lay on his palm.

"I should have done this properly before but I ask you now."

Time seemed to stop still and my happiness knew No bounds. I knew what he was about to ask and I was sure of my answer this time.

He opened the box revealing a solitaire diamond ring flanked with Blue diamonds on both sides. A ring I couldn't describe the beauty of.

"Will you marry me again Amna?"

Six words And my world stood still .......

********************